Anxiety or heart problems?

Posted , 3 users are following.

About a year ago I experienced my first panic attack. My heart started beating really fast and I thought I was having a heart attack and I had this feeling of dread like I was about to die.

Things calmed down for awhile but this year I'm dealing with a lot more stress and I'm really worried about my health. I have this constant uneasy feeling and I'm constantly aware of my own heart rate, sometimes I hear my own heartbeat in my ears and sometimes it feels like my heart is beating really hard. I also had a heart palpitation a few weeks back seemingly out of nowhere, I went to a doctor and he told me it's normal to occasionally have a palpitation and that I looked healthy, but I'm not convinced. Could there seriously be something wrong with me or am I just being paranoid?

Sorry for the wall of text but I really need some opinions please.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Papultations play such a big part in anxiety if not one of the main symptoms! Sometimes my heart physically skips a beat.. Well it feels that way. I've been for heart scans and I'm fine.. I went into hospital for some surgery the other day and my heart rate and blood pressure were higher than normal because I was anxious.. It's amazing how being mentally anxious can play such a big part in giving you physical symptoms! I would trust the doctors if your ok I would believe them.. There's no harm into keep going back though but if you've had ecgs and it says your fine I'd trust it. The more you think and panick about it the more papultations you'll get.

Hope this helped! Xxxx

• Posted

Thanks for the response. The doctor actually said my blood pressure was normal but I haven't had any ECG scans, I might go back just to have the scans done.
  • Posted

You know ... Palpitations causes anxiety which in turn causes more palpitations... For your peace of mind , do an EKG . the test will tell all your heart's story. Palps are the most frightening sign of anxiety but you gotta stay calm and breathe deeply and tell yourself that this is just anxiety and it has no power over me .. Once you break out of this anxious living , you will see , life is beautiful !!
    • Posted

I know, it's a vicous cycle. The first time I had a palpitation it freaked me out so much I actually felt sick. I'm planning on seeing the doctor again in a few days and I want him to perform an ECG scan. Hopefully everything is fine and I can put my mind at ease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.