Anxiety Or Heart Problems? HELP.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Im a 17 year old female. Ive had some odd experiences ive never had before that have landed me in the hospital 4 times the past 3 weeks. One time I was having a panick attack where ny heart rate was beating at 240 beats per minute. They took me in, did ekgs and gave me medicine that dropped my heart rate half of what it was. This last time was even scarier. My heart wasnt racing but I was talking to my boyfriend and out of no where I begin to fall out of reality, I was trembling, sweating, tensed up. They sent me home again saying it was stress and anxiety. Every day since I havent been feeling any better at all. I have been having, neck tension, hot flashes, sensitivity to hot and cold, dizziness, chest pains, jaw pain, jaw clenching, fatigue, lower abdominal pain and for a few days now I had pain in my left arm that went away up to my shoulder, my neck and that also went away. But now, my right arm and shoulder has been is extreme pain. Im completely miserable. When they did ekgs they said everything came back normal..they also did chest x rays which they said also came back normal. Ive been struggling to breathe as well and through out the day I do experience anxiety but not all day like this pain and shortness of breath im having. Ive been very weak and sleeping a lot. Am I paranoid? Somebody help please, im going crazy and in constant search for answers! Help!

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Is all this stupid anxiety that play with us I been fighting for 6 weeks cbt therapy and explosure and respond prevention therapy now and lot of my systoms are gone i have good days and bass days but still fighting stay positive
    • Posted

Its hard to deal with. I appreciate all the support as well as the replies because on top of anxiety I deal with depression, ptsd, health anxiety and a bi polar disorder. I was on vistaril 50 mg and I was still taking hospital trips. But now ive ran out so that symptoms have gotten a lot worse. They gave me 15 mg of ativan my last visit and that helped for a little, but ive realized nothing but therapy, medications, essential oils and telling yourself youre going to be okay is going to work. Masking it with meds only helps a while and that's the hard to understand part because it's not that simple. Thank you so much for your input I do appreciate it. Ive been dealing with anxiety disorder for 8 years now and have never been this bad.

• Posted

Hi Kaneisha,

Is this your first time experiencing panic attacks? Also did they do any blood tests?

• Posted

Yes, they did. They had said everything came back normal. But im wondering if an ekg, ecg shows more than I might think it does. I still get paranoid even after having reassurance. Its all very hard to deal with. Its hard for me to make it through the days but im trying as hard as I can.
  • Posted

I'm sorry for the way that you're feeling but I can sympathize I'm going through the same thing I got like this nine years ago and once they stopped my heart palpitations anxiety everything went away they raised my medication which makes me more short of breath at times was on different medications did nothing may have to try something different to lower my heart rate even though it's normal 80 this to happen in causes palpitations BNN in the sixties with one medication if you need to talk I'm always here

• Posted

Shoot for the past month or so I've been burdened with the hell if a lifestyle called anxiety. I've never had a panic attack until recently out of the blue and now everyday is a drag with constant shortness of breath, tight chest and what feels like irregular heartbeats. I've went to the ER twice and an Urgent Care clinic and they both told me it was anxieity/panic attack. So for the past week I've just accepted the fact if I die I die. It's tough but it's been helping. That and knowing I'm not the only one with these symptoms is unfortunate (I wouldn't wish this n anyone) but comforting. This website and the support I get from you people has been a major help. And you have my thanks

• Posted

Ive dealt with panicI attacks for years but ive never been this bad. I have pain and muscle tension in my neck and shoulders along with aches that jump from arm to armI and its awful. The chest tightness is probably the worst part of it all because not being able to breathe correctly makes you have anxiety as it is. But im not always anxious when I have these symptoms and thats one of the main reasons I really worry. Thanks for your input. I like knowing im not alone. And I too have accepted the fact you cant stop death. This is all awful but we have to convince ourselves were ok health wise. Especially me im so young and I still feel like im on the verge of having a heart attack.
    • Posted

My issue is shortness of breath, tight chest, and what feels. Like a weak heart beat. But it seems to go away when I get my mind completely off of it. But it's always in the back of my mind. And I have muscle tension in my neck and right-side of my chest. It's a scary feeling no doubt but it's almost like for how long are you going to be scared of other same issue? It's killing me but I'm slowly coping. Slowly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.