Anxiety or illness

Posted , 5 users are following.

in november I was feeling horny in bed and this sometimes happened when I was in bed. I then exaggerated it on google and it came up with pesistant genital arousal, which scared me. After that I started having a weird feeling down there and it would not go. The next day I was crying and all over the place. I then told my parents and they said it was all in my mind and then feeling stopped. 2 weeks later I had 2 twitches while sleeping so I thought it was that and then searched it up again and then had the feeling down there. I have been to the therapist and they say its all in my head but its been a week now and I have not been thinking about it as much, I dont know what to do. I just want this feeling to go. I also have had history with things like this as a few months a go I thought I was a pedofile. Then a few months before that I thought I was racist. This feeling wont go, its a weird feeling down there. Help. It will not go I went on youtube and saw you were doing a study on pgad. I am really scared I have it. My symptoms are: weird feeling in vagina, which only goes when I need the toilet Sometimes my legs feel sore my hands, arm and feet sometimes twitch my feet sometimes burn My hands and feet sometimes tingle.

0 likes, 17 replies

Report / Delete

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

There is nothing physically wrong with you. Feeling horny is one of the reasons why the human race has survived for thousands of years.

How old are you? What made you think you were a peadophile or racist?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Everyone has thoughts they don't like but for some people these thoughts become difficult to block out. Unless you're sexually attracted to children or you start having extreme, hateful opinions of those of a different race, you're neither a paedophile nor racist.

Try not to let your thoughts run away with you - just because you start thinking/worrying you might be something it doesn't mean that you are. It's almost as if an inner voice tries to convince you that you are something you hate; it's just your mind playing tricks on you. Anxiety is a horrible thing and you have to take your mind off it any way you can, otherwise it will get worse.

Believe me; you are perfectly normal. You just need to learn how to relax.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

This are most likely "automatic intrusive thoughts"  Us that suffer with anxiety disorders have this, and they uncomfortable only, 99.9% untruthful.  I used to have awful intrusive thoughts of hurting family members, like stabbing them with a knife, etc. When I was in anxious, then after the thought which would put me into a full panic attack.  After reading about what "automatic" and "intrusive" thoughts were I was able to be more at ease.  Ask yourself when you have the thought, Am I really a.... racist? write it down and challenge the thought.  It is not real until you put it down on paper and challange it.  Hope this helps.  Thousands upon thousands of thoughts enter our minds a day.  If we believed everyone we all would be bonkers.  Wish the best. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Michaelall. You sound like you know a lot about intrusive thoughts. Did you mean 99-9 percent are not true ? I just find it so hard to accept thoughts I have are not valid I Believe if I think them they must be true or is it that is just what anxiety is. Can you help me understand please. Thanks
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well the mind and body are connected.  All one has to do is be walking down the road, and start thinking "what if a car swurves off the road and hits me?"  Well that thought can provoke our bodies to go into figh or flight mode.  Our body starts producing adrenaline and then our hearts start racing, we get in the mode to move to somewhere safe.  The same applies with our intrusive thoughts.  Think someone bumps into you walking down a sidewalk, and this makes you really mad. You start having thoughts of "that was rude,  I would like to smack that person up side the head! Well your adrenalines starts going and you feel like you want to do it.  But then you think to yourself. I wouldn't really do something like that.  What would it do, that person could have done it by accident? And you have talked yourself down.  Well the same needs to be applied with you intrusive thoughts.  We have thousands up thousands of thoughts going through our heads daily.  Thus we are able to act on the ones that we know are true and right.  Just because we have a thought does not make it true! Do you know what "jumping to conclusions is? We are all guilty of doing it.  I mentioned about the person bumping into you and you tell yourself rude.  Well you really don't know why the person bumped into you?  They may have bumped into you to avoid bumping into another person? They have done it to make you mad? But you wouldn't know until you asked them why? Otherwise you are "jumping to conclusions"  This is why people can benefit from CBT because it teaches us that our thinking is distorted and we need to learn to rethink scenerios in our lives. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well that is health anxiety.  See you feel every little ache and pain is something "life threating" This is what is called "catastrophic" thinking.  You are thinking your illness, ache and pain is life threating.  Because one has a headache and thinks it is a possible tumor, still does not mean that is true.  I know this because I have suffered from health anxiety.  It is something that is sparked by our anxiety thinking.  When I was having panic attacks, I was concerned about having heart attacks.  Would go to the hospital, and everything would be cleared.  But I still would be convinced other wise.  We need to work on our way of thinking, and learn to calm ourselves.  That is why I recommend meditation.  Once we can calm our mind and body can we think clearer!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Michaelall Is spot on emily​ we all have intrusive thoughts and some can be really disturbing, and if it's causing you this much anxiety, you should go to a Dr theres meds that can, will and do help.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Please don't search up the internet for the things that may make you uncomfortable when the results pop up ... Resist this urge ... Googling can and i think in your case can worsen up the symptoms

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

valid point mate depends on frame of mind. How ever the advice I give is not googled it comes from Med school that i wish i finished. I'm a counsellor and deal with this sort of thing daily. You are absolutely right though so many people do a little research and human nature dictates we automatically go to worse case scenario. A problem shared is a problem halved so they say, and all most people are looking for is a little reassurance, and given the symptoms (which are clearly of a very sensitive nature) prehaps embarssment is playing a big part either way the advice is always go to the Dr and be honest.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up