Anxiety or maybe MS?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I'm not sure if my problem is anxiety no more. The last 2 days I've been feel rough. If I'm sat down I feel dizzy or feeling like I'm in a rocking boat I've been having a lot of shaking in my legs and hot flushes if I stand up I loose balance on my feet now I've always lost balance on my feet even when I was a kid. I think it's more seriously than anxiety. Ive had blood tests and nothing has come back everything is normal except my red blood cells are larger than my white blood cells. Now I dunno what to do. It seems like I'm getting worst and I worry and get anxious. I keep thinking that I'm going to be in a wheelchair only because my sister thinks it could be MS. My eyes go funny from time to time I remember I had this awhile ago when I went to Ireland on the boat dad said it was just sea legs but I'm not sure if that's the case no more. Sometimes if I don't have anything to eat I start shaking and I can't control it I know I don't have diabetes because I've been tested and had blood tests. I can't leave the house because I end up having a panic attack and when I do force myself I end up being sick I can't be around people because of my anxiety but can anxiety make you dizzy like your on a rocking boat? I also have really bad tintitus which comes and goes. Anyone got any ideas?

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You can have viral labrynthitis. Have you been to the ears, nose and throat doctor?  Or is this something you have had ongoing? 
    • Posted

hi. thanks for your reply. I have my ears checked at the doctors and everything is fine the doctor said.
    • Posted

At what point do you feel you will accept that you have a anxiety disorder? Have you learned how debilitating an anxiety disorder can be? Be very sure you are eating and drinking. They have nutrition shakes to help get you get nutrition. You can drop your sugar levels and dehydrate during high anxious times making it all worse. What is your plan to help yourself now? Therapy? Meds? You need a plan on how to manage all this. 
    • Posted

ive accepted that i have anixety but the problem is i try and control it but i cant thats the thing i try but dont suceed. I eating and drinking fine. im on medication for anxiety my problem is the dizziness i try and go out but i be sick i mean i throw up.
    • Posted

Thats not even MS. I have two friends with it and they have tested me  a couple of time because of my eye issues. But listen it does sound like a vestibular issue to come extent. Have you gone to a vestibular rehab place. Thats where they diagnosed me with viral labrythitis in 2007. Or meiners but thats a ear nose and throat doctor. See if you can locate a vestibular rehab center. Then tell not adk tell your doctor you want a referral. At least there they have massive knowledge and can help to figure this out. 
    • Posted

Also, sometimes the medication we are on for anxiety can INCREASE anxiety...possibly talk to the Dr. who prescribes THAT medication and ask for a change there...and see if your symptoms improve.

I was taking a medication 8 years for depression/anxiety...as soon as I STOPPED it...my symptoms resolved greatly.  

I now am on Wellbutrin and love it so far.

• Posted

I think my sister is just over reacting tbh. What is labrythitis exactly? 
  • Posted

Just because your brain MRI was normal at the time does not mean you do not have MS.

I've read alot about this because my sister was diagnosed with MS and i have all the same symptoms as YOU do...especially the balance.

Sometimes the spots on the MRI only show when the disease is active.

I would request another visit with the Neurologist.  My sister told me that taking the spinal fluid (she was told my her Dr.) is the only way to really rule in or out MS.

There are not blood tests to detect MS...and the Drs diagnose based on the symptoms/complaints of the patient.  Don't give up on this diagnosis.

• Posted

So i guess i go for another MRI scan. and just compain to the doctors i guess. Sorry to hear about your sister.
    • Posted

My sister just stays in denial...continues to work...etc.

the good news with MS...is if you have the Remitting version....it is slower, it goes into remmission and from my sisters point of view...it is really more annoying when it flares up...makes her tired, losing balance, messing with her eyesight, weakness in different parts of her body...

The other type of MS..can progress quickly to the wheelchair.

I would say in both your case and mine IF we did have MS...it would seem like the Remitting kind.

• Posted

I sleep a lot anyway tbh and sometimes i wake up after 8 hours of sleep and im so tired i go back to sleep sometimes it happens 2 to 3 times.
    • Posted

Oh missy. Yes about the spinal fluid test and even then its a call on the doctors part. I am sorry about your sister. I am so sorry this most likely makes your journey way scarier. The spots would show up and some point in time as well. They are lesions not spots.  It is inescapable at some point. Did your sister have a pituatary tumor when she was younger? 60% scarily higher odds can end up with Ms later in life. Eye issues as well. There are other symptoms besides dizzy. You know that by now.
    • Posted

You could just be a "sleeper"....you could be depressed....you could have MS or you could have nothing....keep going to the Dr...

• Posted

Yea, a couple years ago...my sister went blind in one eye for like a WEEK.  She was freaking out but never went to the Dr...because by the time she regained her eyesight...she was just concerned with working and supporting her 2 children.

Then a co-worker found her passed out on the bathroom floor a few months later and THEN she went to the Dr...and they began testing for MS based on her "eyesight" complaint.

No she didn't have a pituitary tumor...everyone is different...so I guess...OP has to keep having tests until both he/she and the Dr. are comfortable with the diagnosis.

• Posted

damn thats crazy. Id hate to loose my eye sight with the stuff i do. id be stuffed tbh.
    • Posted

She was REALLY scared...so was my family....and she didn't find out she had MS until like 2 years after that.

So..I was thinking..well...nothing that major happened to ME...so I felt silly getting the MS tests....but another friend assured me that you don't have to have that kind of major symptom....everyone is different.

• Posted

She is fine...works 6 days a week as a waitress...weighs about 90 lbs....carries heavy trays all day.....running around all over the place...her daughter in Karate...her son in basketball all over the state...she is 35....

She is really an inspiration to me....when I think I can't go on...I think of her.

• Posted

Way too scary missy you are scaring me at this point. I do have optic nerve pallor all tests for ms ruled out. and i have been tested. You are scaring me.
    • Posted

theres no cure for that either. If its caught early the injections supposedly can halt its progression and they come with a ton of side effects. Ms can vary in severity as well. Its scary as h*ll. Im going off this discussion its too frieghtening to me. Missy got this. For me im going to trust the doctors and that my eye and optic nerve was from a virus. Im personalizing this discussion so im going to go off it.i was forced to travel that road by doctors to rule that out. Too scary. I would say to go a vestubular rehab place and get their opinion, they would note that too if they felt it.
    • Posted

Dont be scared..just follow your Drs directions to make sure your condition does not worsen...IF your Dr. hasn't given you any feedback on how to control or make sure your condition does not get worse...see another DR.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.