Anxiety or more? Pls help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello to all. I am new to this website and have come for help as a last resort.. I really do not know what to do anymore.

First, I will give some history.

At the beginning of this year I caught a nasty virus which, while making me feel unwell, caused a pressure sensation within my head, as well as feeling off balance and slightly dizzy or 'woozy.'

I knew of two other people who had the same virus and complained of the same sensations which put my mind at rest.

At this point I recieved some very bad family related news which I shan't go into too much. It was fair to say that it threw me off guard and elevated my anxiety levels to the extreme.

After a few weeks, both the virus and the head pressure/woozyness went away completely and I felt back to normal and despite the news I had recently recieved, I did begin to find some normality again.

A month later both the head pressure and woozy/off balance feeling returned and so I contacted my doctor. I expressed my concerns (I seem to have added anxiety to my general anxiety now,) and explained that I feared I had a brain tumor.

I was told that the virus had been particuarly strange and had left many people with reprocussions of the virus. As I knew of one other person who still was having trouble with balance and feeling woozy, my anxiety was quelled for a short time.

As my symptoms did not go away, I went to see my Dr once again (I have deliberately been trying to see the same doctor and for the most part have been successful.)

My ears were examined and I was told that i had a fluid build up which would cause my symptoms. I was also given a checkup and again I was able to talk through my fears.

Again this appeased me for a short time, but I soon felt the symptoms were persisting and I began to obsess and worry that they were not relenting. Sometimes the symptoms of feeling woozy and disorientated were worse, especially when I became stressed.

I have seen other doctors too who have looked into my eyes - they also felt my worry was unfounded. I have even had a thurough eye test to check the back of my eyes (again I explained why I was there to the optician,) and was given the all clear.

Under a month ago the personal family situation that I mentioned earlier reached a peak and came to quite a catastrophic end. I started to get pins and needles, especially after one specific time of high stress.

In all, the situation left me feeling emotionally rung out - in fact at one point I was so over-raught that I felt an electric vibration run though my head - which terrified me further as I was convinced I had just had a fit.

Three weeks on (and my personal situation has started to dull down slightly, though there are still problems,) I developed a headache a week ago. It was mild but worried me, though it did go away.

The next day the headache came back and it went on like this for a few days until it has now become persistant and varys in intensity.

I have been back to my doctor who once again examined me and asked me about my symptoms, which I carefully detailed. He also asked about my personal situation. He told me that as this has been going on four eight months now that I would have many other symptoms and that my headache is caused by anxiety, both my own doing and through external stresses.

I have over the past few months caused myself so much distress that I have had frequent panick attacks...but despite the amount of time my doctor has given me I cannot get past my fear. nor can I get past my anxiety.

I've started therapy but it is early days. Can anyone give me some advice???

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey I feel the same, do you feel like you can't leave the house as you're too ill/will panic?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Is this virus..viral labrythitis. Because it ruined life as i knew it back in 2007. They diagnosed it that. Myself and three friends all the same within a month of each other. I thought it was from arial spraying but they called it viral labrythitis. Just curious. 

the other symptoms appear to be an anxiety disorder. And that comes with one mean anxiety bully messing around with everything. To start off you cant be in denial of it. Accept it and then learn all about it. So much info on it. You tube explains the science and mind body stuff very well.  Then its what resonates with you to self calm. Mindful breathing, meditation, reiki, yoga its what you like. No quick fix here, no magic wands it takes a lot of time to manage and accept and deal with an anxiety disorder. 

The best advice i can give is stop saying what you cant do. Stoo saying what you dont want. Stop believing you are so limited, the mind is a fool in the area it has no clue what is real or fake so what you feed it it will valigate and manifest for you. Thats real.  And stay far away from dr. Google  be patient with yourself. Love your self. And dont predict the future, you cant anyway and you use your negative sabatoging thinking to visualize so dont bother with that.  

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up