Anxiety or not..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all,

I'll try keep this as simple as possible. I have anxiety issues which revolves around my health. For example, I had a uti which caused me a bit of testical pain which I thought the worse of. I pretty much convinced my self I had cancer, and this was the end. Obviously I didn't know I had a uti at the time so when I took a trip to the doctors I was more than relieved to find out it wasn't cancer. Now my fears have turned to a brain tumour. I've had headaches pretty much all my adult life (I believe it's due to bad eyesight and straining). I've had this sort of headache before (feels like pressure on my forehead and an odd cramp sharp feeling in one side which only last for seconds). I ventured to the doctors where she took my blood pressure and basically told me to stop worrying and sent me on my way. After that the headaches basically stopped for months. Now this headache has come back, but this time feels stronger. It's almost like I have a cold in my head. The pain comes and goes throughout the day (I say pain but it's more of a nuicence than a pain) and is definitely worse when I think about it. I sleep fine and have no problems at all, but as soon as I wake up I'm constantly thinking about the pain and before I know it, it's back. Should I be worried? Is it worth taking another dreaded trip back to the doctors? I forgot to mention that normal paracetamol don't have any effect, although migraine tablets do SOME times. Also if I stare suddenly into a bright light, I get the cramp feeling I've been explaining. So to sum it up, my head feels blocked and I get these sudden cramp like dull aches on both sides of my forehead, which only last for a couple of seconds. Pain fades when I'm not worrying about but always returns. Had this for about 3 days now.

Thanks, Jason.

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jason I understand your fears for your health I was the same when I was younger and now my son is going thru exactly the same thing once the doctor puts his mind at rest about one thing he starts with some other complaint go along and see your doctor again that's what they are there for just for peace of mind Hun xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you for taking the time to comment. You're right, once I stop worrying about one symptom, I find something else to worry about. I'll see how I go on and if I'm still worrying, I'll take a trip to the doctors just to put my mind at ease. Thanks again, really appreciated.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I don't even leave the house alone now because of balance problems it's all down to my anxiety makes me so angry sad but hey ho I'm sure there is a lot more people worse off than me that's how I cope with it xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Jason.. Seems like you have migraine, cause lights, sounds and other things can trigger migraines.Have you gotten your eyes checked? Maybe you need to wear prescriptio glasses
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Also, anxiety can cause lots of physical symptoms and that includes headaches too. I, too have anxiety and my symptoms are more on dizziness. Just like you, when i dont pay attention to it, it's not there. But once i fully get conscious about it, it comes worse.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for taking the time and replying to my comment. I can relate totattly do the dizziness. I can fear really dizzy sometimes, and almost lose my step when walking. As soon as my minds focusing on something else, I'm fine. I should take a trip to the opticians for my eye strain and headaches, hopefully they can sort me out. I just can't stop thinking about what it could possibly be.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Jason,

Im sorry about your headaches. If you worry all the time is probably the cause. Try meditation and relax all you can and see if the pain reduces in intensity or duration.

You will get better soon,

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up