anxiety or not ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So how do you stop anxiety attacks ? I've been having what I think is anxiety attacks for about 4 1/2 hours on & off.(from 10pm-2.20am & still getting them everytime I close my eyes) It seems to get worse when my eyes are closed. Please help ! I hate this feeling.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Do you take medication? If so when?

I have that feeling that I believe you are describing and its the worst at night, like in the middle of the night.  It reminds me of feeling dizzy or falling.  I have noticed that when I take my medication before bed I often feel like that at night.  I dont know why that is, or if its just somthing that I can ignore in the day time, but I have noticed this for sure.  As far as getting it to stop I usually turn the TV on to something relaxing that I have seen before, like right now a good classic holiday movie works great, and I end up being able to ignore it and fall asleep again.

• Posted

I have only just started taking medication.. One is a paracetomol/codeine mix, Loraclear for my hayfever & an antidepressant in the mornings

• Posted

Do you know why you are suffering Anxiety, the period of time seems short so it may be an isolated situation.

If you are so concerned discuss this with your GP, He will try and find the best way to treat your condition?. And will try and give support.

BOB

• Posted

If symptoms appear within about an hour after taking medicine, I'd suspect the medicine.  If symptoms appear before it is time to take a new dose of medicine, the medicine may be wearing off too soon.  Some people are sensitive to codeine (a narcotic), maybe try taking acetaminophen by itself and see what happens.  There are also stronger non-narcotic NSAIDs available for pain, sometimes magnesium supplements can help with pain.  Try a different antihistamine temporarily and see if that makes a difference.  You didn't specify the antidepressant, it's half-life may be an issue.

• Posted

Sorry 20mg citalopram is the anti-depressant that i'm on.

• Posted

Sorry, I'm not familiar with citalopram.  My daughter has had far more success treating her anxiety with a beta blocker heart medicine and antihistamines (we're suspecting a mast cell disorder which messes with the Autonomic Nervous System and immune system) and she no longer needs Zoloft or any other SSRI.

• Posted

oh cool that's good to hear.. I have just noticed I have some yellow colouring on my hands.. What does that mean ?

• Posted

Yellow tint to skin and eyes can be a sign of gallbladder problems, or else you've been cooking with Turmeric spice (curry powder).

• Posted

I don't have a gall bladder, had that taken out last year

• Posted

I hate gallbladders ... sometimes lighting can cast odd hues.  The whites of the eyes are the best way to tell if there is a problem causing Jaundice.  Eating too many carrots (betacarotine) can make the skin look yellow, but this harmless effect is not jaundice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.