Anxiety or serious medical problem

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I am a 30 yr old female who has been suffering for a few years. Everyone keeps telling me it is anxiety however I am not convinced and will google everything and it always comes up with the worst. I have just got the courage to go to the doctors and I am waiting for a MRI scan and for my blood tests to be returned. My main problems are my legs feel like they are bubbling inside and are weak, constantly moving my fingers, problems sleeping or resting. Also not that I do it very often now but if I drink alcohol i feel 'normal' at the time but the next day to a week is horrendous all the feelings come back worse. I did suffer panis attacks a few years back but had therapy and have managed to cope with them. I always think I have the worst diseases ect. Does this sound like anxiety i am at my wits end with this. thanks 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi shell

I'm exactly the same constant tingling in my legs..I have loads of other things going on too... My GP says its anxiety... my family and friends keep telling me too... not convinced at all.. I've had a a couple of blood test and there clear.. also waiting to see a neurologist..

Yes I think I have anxiety.. But I also think there is something underlying too... So confused and frustrated.. It's all just a waiting process..

Shell the worst thing you can do is Google stuff.. that will make things worse and make you worry even more..

Hope this helped a little x

• Posted

Looks like I am not the only one who suffering similar symptoms. We just need to be strong and fight that mental cancer. Google can be alright, just need to look at the right places. What else can you do if doctors can't really help you
  • Posted

Shell please realise that Google is a huge library of information, some from proprietory professional sources but much taken from unofficial references that can mislead.

So in short, Google is the very last place that you should be looking for accurate information on a personal health condition.

What does not help at all, is when people do suffer with an anxiety condition they often reach out in desperation for some answers.

As I said before, Google is really the last place to look, as the volumes of misinformation will feed your anxiety and make it worse.

• Posted

Anxiety manifests its self in many physical symptoms. I have been going through it myself recently, although my physical symptoms do seem different to yours.

I think we as anxious people in particular people with health anxiety have a tendency not to believe what our very experienced doctor tells us, I'm terrible for it. I was originally diagnosed with IBS but I didn't believe the doctor just because there is no proof other than everything else being ruled out.

I recently have started having panic attacks which made me believe that there was something wrong with my heart, with tablets and CBT I now seem to have that under control but it has been a very difficult few months because I just couldn't believe my doctor when he told me I was suffering with a panic disorder and health anxiety.

I'm only 34 and I'm very fit and healthy exercising most days, the chances of my heart having problems was next to none but I could accept it. I'm a keen rock climber so the chances of me having an accident and dying from that were a lot higher than having heart issues but I was fine climbing yet panicked about my heart.

Our minds can be really unkind to us at times, I hope in time you will accept what you doctor tells you and you get over this horrible inconvenience that is anxiety.

I'm 90% there now, I have my bad days but it does pass as I'm sure yours will.

• Posted

Hi. I have similar symptoms. On top of that: dizziness, numb legs, poor balance, panic attacks. Just like in your case the symptoms used to go away when I had few drinks, but with time it got worst!  I deeply regret I didn’t take is seriously way before and suffering now. So I suggest you do whatever it takes to get rid of that. In your case most likely it is anxiety, but I would get it checked to cancel out all the physical symptoms.

If it is anxiety: counsellor, psychologist, meditation, yoga, drinking plenty of water, eating healthy, other exercises might help. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.