Anxiety or something else?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am currently going through severe anxiety but I also get very bad paranoia, which I am currently getting checked up on. I've been told the anxiety could be causing it but I think it is the other way round. My symptoms make me sound crazy though:

1. When I am alone and isolated I often here things which do not exists like shouting and arguing coming from parts of my house.

2. I keep thinking that I am being spied on, phones tapped, hidden camera, people watching and listening to me.

3. Some times see people looking at me and think they are going to harm me and get really anxious about it. Also keep thinking strangers are talking about me and judging me.

4. Some times can't sleep or concentrate cos of paranoid thoughts like millions of things going through my head at once.

5. On really bad days I feel really out of touch and kinda dream like, and that the people around me aren't real even though they are.

6. Sometimes I have had thoughts that one of my parents has poisoned my food they prepared. It makes me sound crazy and ungrateful but I just don't know what to do.

7. Sometime I feel completely unmotivated to do anything, including just have conversations with friends.

Has anyone else experience anything similar or know what this could possibly be? It doesn't just sound like anxiety to me but something else that has a hold on my brain.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.