Anxiety? Or something else

Posted , 6 users are following.

I think I'm currently struggling with health anxiety I was under a lot of stress lately and it started causing changes in my body like arm, leg and neck pain, cramping, dizziness, headaches, body heat and burning sensations dry throat and I had vision problems for a while now but now it seems that it intensified like a blurry feeling ink what is happening and I don't like it I just want it too stop I would go to sleep just hoping when I wake back up I'll be back to normal again but it's not working I'm getting tired of it and I just want my life back😔

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joshua,

It's good that you can admit that it may actually be health anxiety. I go through similar symptoms as you and had all the same feelings. I had every test ran on me because I was convinced I had some type of illness, and anxiety could not possible be causing these symptoms. All my tests came back negative. This was when I realized yes I do have anxiety and yes anxiety can cause some crazy symptoms. I have recently started feeling a lot better.

My biggest advice would be:

Talk to your doctor and get any test done you feel you need. This will only make you feel better knowing you don't have an illness.

Force yourself to get out and do things (this was the hardest thing for me to do because I didn't want to leave my house). When I started actually doing things, this is what took my mind off thinking about my symptoms and they started to slowly go away. Number one thing is to drag yourself out of the house if you need to.

If you need medication like an anti depressant, do not feel ashamed of this! Talk to your doctor about what might work for you. Medication has helped so many people, so do not feel ashamed. (You don't have to tell anyone your on meds if you don't want to)

I still struggle with feeling anxiety but now I can tell myself "oh it's just my anxiety" and the symptoms fade away.

You're not alone with this! The sooner you recognize that it is in fact anxiety causing all of this, the sooner you will get better!

• Posted

Sounds like anxiety to me. Try not to stress over it. Happy holidays!
  • Posted

Sorry I haven't got answer I have the dizzyness tho very bad but does anyone have OCD on there breathing like your always breath manually throughout the day

• Posted

You seem to be over Anxious so you need to calm yourself down

Try Relaxation Technique, MINDFULNESS, that may help you,books available at Amazon

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.