Anxiety or something else

Posted , 7 users are following.

Lately my chest and back muscles feel tight and it feels like I can't breathe, I also have a constant feeling like I need to take a deep breath, sometimes it feels as if I can't, but if I lay on a heating pad then the feeling goes away, I also feel as if something is in my throat so I keep trying to clear it but only get a little phlegm

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety will do all of that. Never hurts to get a physical exam but I'm betting it's anxiety. I hold my breath a lot and sometimes breathing makes my anxiety flare. 

• Posted

I mentioned it a couple weeks ago to my doctor he listened to my lungs and said they are clear, but it still scary to have that feeling
    • Posted

I suffer with the same. It's a horrible feeling. Every day at the minute I suffer. Making me very miserable.

• Posted

Its anxiety so when you are feeling this coming on take deep slow breaths and slowly breath out it helps did for me
  • Posted

I will suggest you take some tests after discussing the issue with your doctor because without test we cannot get any exact problem.
  • Posted

I had the breathing thing for ages just the feeling like couldn't breath and I couldn't cope then all the other anxiety symtoms started.. u just gotta no that it's anxiety and of it will magically disappear I mean I still get it now and then but he it magically disappear I don't stress over things like that no more and it comes and goes ...

• Posted

Yeah I'm the same im getting pain in my back where my lungs are aswell struggling to breath like but I'm just been putting it down to anxiety was only at doctors the other day but forgot to mention it hope you ok

• Posted

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with these symptoms, I also have what the doctor said to be globus hystericus, I often get a feeling that something is in my throat when nothing is there, dairy products seem to make it worse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.