Anxiety or something else

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a burning sensation in my chest nearly 3 days now double gaviscon helps it slightly but it never goes away. Has anyone ever had this keep thinking it's all stress related worrying about death of the virus etc. My partner doe snot understand at all but I'm. Going out of my mind with this burning it's making me sweat.

Mike

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

anxirty can cause chest pain (I've experienced it ) it can also make heartburn worse, so maybe it's a mixture of the 2 ? and worrying about it makes it worse. anxiety can do some awful things to the body and brain 😕

• Posted

hi Mike

yes it is a symptom of anxiety i had it really bad if i am getting a blip its always that symptom i get . Its nothing to worry about although not nice try and take deep breaths in and out about 10 times that should help . Everyone is in the same boat feeling worried my anxiety has heightened. Being a key worker doesnt help either but i am better off than a lot of people . take care

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply I keep feeling very emotional it is so hard to take in. The burning is getting so painful and my bpm has gone up by 10 to 65 for resting and don't know if it's anxiety or am I on my way to a heartattack or stroke I have tried to not think about the current situation but it's so hard when it's on every channel and it's all anyone talks about. I'm only 39 surely to young to die but I keep thinking this illness will eventually take me

• Posted

same age as my brother and he is going through exactly the same its for sure anxiety . Have u any medication to take if not try Kalms they will.help r u in the Uk

• Posted

hi mike

hope u had a good night make sure u dont get into the habit of not going out for a walk u r allowed to do that . Exercise helps

• Posted

Thanks yes was OK sleep just has a night sweat in the middle of the night but that was it keep sweating a lot atr eh min but that must be anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.