Anxiety or something more?!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, I'm a rookie here and have recently been having some trouble coping with some things. But nothing really anxiety worthy in my book. I'm also a hypochondriac from hello kitty. So here goes. Recently I've been having night terrors I guess, but it's been getting worse. I'm panicking about NOTHING!! I woke up for work today and the whole day my chest has felt so tight like I had a ton of bricks on it. Accompanied by a feeling of having a pill stuck in my throat. Of course this triggers even more panic because I feel like I'm suffocating. Then the worst happens, I've talked myself into cancer or a heart disease Or anything deadly really. It's been all day today even at work. Could this be a bigger issue?! I have never seen a doctor for these feelings cause I've been told it's just anxiety and I shouldn't worry so much. But I'm truly scared and am getting more and more frustrated with the feeling of not being able to breath!! Please help and yes I am scheduling an appointment with a doctor cause it's only getting worse but has anyone else had it so bad like this??!!

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Indeed yes anxiety does all this and more . the throat lump is particularly awful. All I can say is be sure to tell the doc everything, even the stuff that seems crazy. They will offer either meds or therapy, its up to you which you go for. I prefer therapy as I don't believe meds resolve anything but its really up to you
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Is it normal to have these symptoms all day? I will be telling them everything but my main reason for not going was the medication. My sister was on anxiety mess and they nearly ruined her when she came off them. I've done yoga and meditation but it hardly helps Anymore. I appreciate your reply!! I feel helpless anymore, like I'm just waiting for death.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Completely normal. Anxiety symptoms can vary. Sometimes mine are all day, other times I'm fairly okay. Sometimes they are very different than ever before, but all these things are related and connected and you will be fine, don't worry. If you're very scared, then I would suggest getting your lungs and heart listened to, as listening itself will reveal almost all issues with the lungs and heart. I know it helped me when I had a doctor listen and tell me I was fine. That way, I knew not to get scared about it being anything serious.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I had the 'lump in the throat symptom for over a year on and off and was told the anxiety had caused excess stomach acid build up which irritated a muscle in my throat. It's a frightening feeling .I was coping with the anxiety quite well till just recently when I had another panic attack which triggered fear and an anger which I find hard to supreme. ..They have increased my meds and I'm going for counselling.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sounds like anxiety to me. Anxiety can manifest in really strange ways. These sound like anxiety symptoms to me.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up