Anxiety or something more?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had anxiety my whole life. I'm currently taking klonopin and Propranolol and am 18 years old. I find the slightest movements elevate my heart rate and I can always feel my heart beat. It never skips beats or anything I'm just always aware of it. I get dizzy when first standing up and when laughing hard as well as finding it hard to breath sometimes. Does this sound like generalized anxiety/panic disorder or heart disease?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having. Hopefully my response will ease your mind a bit. I've also had anxiety my entire life. I was acutally doing quite well with managing it for the past 10 years. A few weeks ago, I drank too much coffee and took two excedrin migraine pills. Anyway- I ended up in the ER with a full blown panic attack. Since then I have had the same symptoms as you. I even have a prescription for klonopin and propranolol. I don't even want to move, and every morning all I can think about it how difficult my day will be with anxiety. I'm constantly checking my heart rate and I've become obessed over it. I was perfectly fine and mentally healthy before that panic attack- so I know all my symptoms are created inside my head. The stress I'm causing myself is elavating my heart rate and just causing more anxiety. I'm dizzy and out of breath just like you. 

What I've been doing of the past few days is 10 minutes of pilates, praticing EFT Tapping, and listening to hypnosis videos on youtube. They do provide some relief, and take my mind off things. When you're constantly thinking about something it becomes reality. 

I honestly just think you experiencing anxiety symptoms! I hope you start feeling better soon.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I went to the doctor a month ago before all of this panic happened and he said my heart sounded normal, so surely SVT or another heart problem wouldn't develop within a month in an otherwise healthy 18 year old right? Hope u feel better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.