Anxiety or worse?

Posted , 3 users are following.

This all majorly started last year i guess, towards the end of school i never used to want to go in, i stopped going in for about 1 week in the end a teacher had to pick me up from home and take me to school for that day. Since i have left school and waiting to go on to further education my anxiety has worsened. Several panic attacks to the stage where my eyes goes blurry and feel i am going to pass out. Being in loud public situations makes my stomach growl and gives me a sicky light head feeling, almost nausea. I have been to the doctors about 3 times to see where it is anxiety however i cannot get CBT or councelling as i am not in school or college/uni. With my anxiety i think about things like being sick then i get a feeling like a wave panic come over me which makes it worse and kind of telling myself i am going to be ill. These past few days have been my worst so far, i have no idea what it is. 

I have head a headache on and off for these past 3 days, it feels really light headed and on night times i have stomach ache and i also wake up with it.

I have checked my symptoms they match up with type 2 diabetes which i do NOT want. However they also match up with anxiety. I have no idea why i have been feeling ill. And when i had a light head in a super market i felt like i was going to pass out but when i got outside i felt almost fine apart from a minor dull head ache. I have no idea what is wrong with my body, I have tried taking paracetamol and ibroprofen for my head ache and it has has minimal or no effect what so ever.

My biggest things that trigger me are noises outside and people being ill around me, because i think i will instantly get it.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

You have phobias that are curable but you must have the will to check into rehab for a stay as long as necessary. A short session will not do it.
  • Posted

Honey, I am reading classic anxiety disorder. All the things you list here line up with that!!! If you take the time to scroll through other anxiety discussions in this forum, you will see what I mean. We read these symptoms  hundreds of times a week...every week.

Do not self diagnose!!!!You need a doctor's confirmation of what is wrong, and you should be able to get some therapy if needed. Also, the doctor may want you on meds for awhile.

I don't know what I would have done without meds. (I am not a meds person). I thought I was going crazy. When the meds kicked in a day or two later, I began to calm down and think clearly enough to look for ways to help myself...which I found here. So do  not check yourself into anywhere, and no doctor seeing anxiety will do that either.

Stay with this forum. There are a lot of knowledgable, caring people here who have dealt with or are dealing with the same thing. I'm proud of you for coming here and asking for help. When I did that, I certainly got the help I needed, and now combined with my years as a counselor, can help others. Sending you a big hug, Olaf.wink

• Posted

I have been to the doctors 2-3 times, because i am 16 i am not in school or college the doctor says i cannot get any help just yet. 
    • Posted

A doctor who says you cannot get help because of your age or schooling should not be a doctor. Get another doctor's opinion.

• Posted

also because i have autism my mum says she will ring the local health clinic which i think is camhs, to see if they can help me with anything 
  • Posted

Oh yes you sure do have anxiety, and panic. Terrible this is. It's takes over and becomes all consuming,and the only thing we can focus on. We become housebound because if we go anywhere,we know that a panic attack is coming. I am telling you this from experience. Your headache is a tension headache,that will not go away, because it's from your anxiety. I had one for years, every day/ 24 hours a day, almost went crazy. My head was so full.I thought it would burst. Pain on one side. God awful. I had every test know to man. Counseling will not take this away, and they connot perscribe meds. Go to your family doc, and tell them you want to try meds first, before you put yourself thought  these tests. Probably just a waste of time. Now if you were a diabetic, you would not have all this anxiety going on,and there would be set of  different symptom's. You are over thinking,and trying to find a reason for the way you feel. There is no rhythm,or reason for anxiety, and panic. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain. Soooo get on a antidepressant, and feel great again, I promise. When I got on a med, my headache went away, as did my anxiety, and panic

• Posted

i don't think the doctors are too keen to give teenagers medication im not sure, it if the first time i have ever had that stress headache it lasted for 3 days but it has gone today and i feel fine. At first i though it could have been and ear infection 

• Posted

You're feeling Ill because you are making yourself that way. Calm!! You're getting stress headaches. It happens every single time I deal with a panic attack (which you're story clearly shows severe panic). My headache this past time lasted 6 days.. When they happen, go into a room with a calming show or music on very low, and use either a very hot heating pad on your eyes or back of neck. If that doesn't work, use an ice pack. It will not stop it, but it will dull it somewhat.. Strange but stress headaches stop for me if I take a tsp of straight yellow mustard. Not sure Why. Just try to relax, your headaches will not go away until your body relaxes itself.

• Posted

Remember, the brain needs to be hydrated. Very often, a large slass of water will dull or stop a headache. Our whole body does better hydrated with water...but expecially the brain.
    • Posted

i drink about 1.5-2 litres of fluid a day, mainly water as i get bad stomach ache after food and drink recently, i went for a full blood count and it says i was dehydrated however i never drank or ate on that day as i was too nervous too.
  • Posted

Quick update: I Have been to 2 more appointments i believe since then, still the same outcome nothing can be done yet. I am going to the doctors again soon sad. The thing is i am told to push myself out of my comfort zone but it is anxiety that is stopping it and especially i have college in 2 weeks..... 

• Posted

I have never heard of such nonsense. Your docs are missing something.
  • Posted

Well tomorrow is my 3rd session at camhs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.