Anxiety over HIV?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay so could I have HIV

I started dating someone new in December

The last time he slept with someone before that was in September

I made him get tested in December time/January time and everything came back fine

I also had a test in February and it came back fine but that's only 2 months

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

If he's been tested 3 months after the last time he slept with anyone else, and you've been tested since then (and neither of you has slept with anyone else since September), there is almost no chance that either of you has HIV.

It's actually quite difficult to get HIV via heterosexual sex anyway, and personally, I'd be more worried about other STIs.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi.. why do worry suddenly. Any clinical symptoms ?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I always do hence why I made him get a full STI screening but I always think like what if he made up the results like what if he faked the text

I suffer from very bad anxiety including a very bad health anxiety I worry about this stuff on a constant, I even got my nails done before and convinced myself I caught HIV from the machine

same with piercings and tattoos I am completely fine in the moment then as time goes on my mind will start messing me over

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah you are right but there are times when I am on my own and I will pick up my phone and start googling stuff it's worrying, I feel like it's going to eat me alive. My doctor is referring me for cognitive behavioural therapy

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up