Anxiety over ruptured eardrum

Edited , 2 users are following.

just wanted to know it anyone has experience anything like this? i am so afraid and paranoid. i read about ppl developing vertigo and im afraid of being dizzy. Im afraid of anything being medically wrong with me.

my mind is still playing the what if game. What if it doesnt heal? What if it happens to the other ear? What if i lose my hearing? I dont want this to continue for years and years. I feel like i will go crazy.

0 likes, 2 replies

Report / Delete

2 Replies

• Edited

1. stop allowing your mind to play the what if game. It’s only going to make you feel worse and won’t change a thing.
    2. take your medication and wait One day at a time until it gets better. There’s nothing to be gained by panicking before the treatment is even done.
    3. take a deep breath, relax, and follow up with your doctor when the medication is done. Then you will have peace of mind that your ear has healed. and that’s it! anything else is just the mind being negative and based on fear and not fact. Take care!
    Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up