Anxiety pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone I've never been on one of these sites before but was wondering if anyone else has the same symptoms as me. Im 38 I have suffered with depression for many years but recently I have had really bad back pain all over. in my ribs top of back and a weird burning sensation sometimes right in the middle it feels like its constant and I worry myself sick that I've got lung cancer.over the years I have took myself to the hospital numerous times telling them I've got breast cancer, brain tumours, you name it I've had it. Does anybody else feel like this I'm at the end of my tether. Thanks

1 like, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

You have health anxiety by the sounds of it and I am exactly the same. Any little pain I have is cancer doesn't matter how minor it is I convince myself that I am going to die then I have a panic attack. We have all these aches and pains because we are constantly thinking negative thoughts so because we are mentally unwell it then starts to have an effect on how we feel physically. I have had lung cancer... pneumonia a brain tumour breast cancer in my head but I haven't got any of these things it is all just our mind. I hope this gives you some comfort but your not alone in fact thousands of people have health anxiety and it is a vile thing to have xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Vivian thankyou so much for your reply it really does make you feel better when you know other people are going through the same thing.no matter how many times I tell myself it's anxiety I get a pain somewhere else then start thinking it's spreading threw my body. It's awful nice to know someone else understands if you have never suffered like my friends and family they just think your being daft. Thankyou

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Anxiety, I went through th cancer phase but graduated onto bigger and better heart worries lol, the last time the cancer thing bothered me was lung cancer and actually managed to cough up phlegm every morning, if I don't think about it I never do that

And before that I played games all night and woke up the next day with hurting eyes so I was convinced I had eyeball cancer lol, you will get through this

You don't have cancer!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think it was in my subconscious thinking about all the weed and cigarettes I've smoked at such a young age to my current age 12-20 and I went harder then anyone I knew so I think I actually felt bad about being a dirtbag and graduated to being convinced my body was cancer ridden, I don't smoke anymore and still cough up phlegm but I it's normal as I have minor post nasal drip.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Also it was diabetes or anything you can think of

So you may devolope another fear after this but eventually you will say "I am fine I am healthy it's just my mind sending crappy signals to my body" and one day it won't bother you so much

I used to almost cry and have people come to my house and I would sit in bed telling them I'm dieing haha, now I just think "ah heart palpitations I hope I'm not dieing should maybe get this checked" the worry is still there but not anywhere close to my old worries

You will come through!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply everything you said rings true with me to i suffer with acid reflux and had gallbladder removed so I think a lot of it stems from that but still can't stop my self thinking the worst.i to smoked a lot of weed and still smoke cigarettes and partial to a few jack Daniels now and again (binge drinker) I'm 38 and should probably knock it on the head but I cause myself that much anxiety that sometimes I need a little escape. Anyway thanks for the reply you have actually made me feel a little better. Take care

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Omg ! Yes! I have health anxiety it's vicious!!! It's an ugly cycle. I don't even know what to think anymore... all month been at the ER... I thought I had colon cancer, stomach cancer and then a heart disease then a headache kicked in because i can't eat or drink n lost so much weright so I got a headache and that sent me spiraling down hill I then convinced my self it was a blood clot and I was going to have an anyrsm or brain tumor that's going to explode. And this week I can't swallow and I think I have theist cancer!!! I know this sounds crazy but to me I truly think something's wrong and my body has all the symptoms. It's so ugly to have it ruins my life....

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Everything you just said I have done I've had every cancer possible.it totally ruins your life it's all you think about every single day and just can't concentrate on anything else.i have suffered from this for years I've tried every antidepressant and nothing works for me. I recently also had the swallowing thing and also thought I had throat cancer it's just horrible. The doctor just fobs me off everytime I go as if to say oh god not you again x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes! It's ugly and so tiring. I can't even tell what's real anymore because every Dr says it's anxiety... I can't take meds I developed a phobia thinking I'm going to get all the side effects and I seriously think my throats closing . It's been 5 years that I've even taken an Advil... I just started thearpy today and this lady probably thought I was nuts!!!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Monica thanks for the reply I've been doctors today with on going cough and the pains in my back I had a breathing test a couple of weeks back which came back fine but now she is sending me for chest X-ray is this normal I am freaking right out I don't have chest pain or I am not coughing up blood just phlegm but have got a really bad cold at the min I'm terrified what do you think my anxiety is through the roof

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up