Anxiety - Panic

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all have had anxiety -panic  on and off for 20 years some times i can just about live with it but at times it gets the better of me ,at times i can be driveing home from work and suddenley i have a sudden fear that i will not be able to get home fear that i will diehead starts to race and i will be thinking got to make it to next bend in road etc but as i get in site of home i start too feel  better it so frightning you feel as though you will pass out , how ever many times i tell myself its only panic it keeps comeing back . outher times i can be in the open field park etc and i start to feel shakey feel as though i cant get home out of it so to speak ,do outher members get this or am i going mad .

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yea i hate anxiety its hard dealing with all da different symptoms one day im fine then da next day i can't breathe feeling sick and worried it gets scary
  • Posted

You should know that if you have suffered for 20 years that this is normal.

There is a switch in your brain that is broken it is telling you your in danger when your  not, you have to try and fix that switch.

Consider therapy

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Yes have been thinking about CBT .do you know people who have had this and worked
    • Posted

Yes I am currently going through it at the moment and believe me that is a big deal I was against therapy in the past.

It is not a cure but its techniques to help you cope

Take Carecool

• Posted

Yesssss!! This is exactly me I could have written this myself
    • Posted

some times stand at the window and look out thinking i would love to go out for long walk drive by myself , some times cant go 2 miles down road ,but feel much better if someone is with me . yes i know its only panic but it dont work
  • Posted

Yes this has happened. Its so very strange. Sometimes on walks this has happened to me as well.and it feels like forever to get hime and i start to think i won't make it. I have my dog with me so i start telling myself i cant panic now id be scared hed run iff and get hurt. Worse in hotter weather too it happened today. I went home and i was angry at myself so i changed got a water and my phone and took my dog back out. Did this three times until i was okay with it. I know its strange and i know it will cage me in if i give in, happened before. So now i go back out. Yes i initially might go home, but i refuse to stay there. I think its a fear of a fear that ill get an anxiety attack. Sounds so ridiculous but it happens anyway. I just know you must never allow an anxiety rule to form. Challange it constantly. Cant always stop the anxiety attack but you can very well challenge it. Keep ice chips with you in the car rides. Place ice chips under your tongue, it deters the anxiety rush. Put on the air conditioning on blast. I dont know if its just me but all the cold helps a lot. Count by threes if needed. 

• Posted

I thought it was just me that finds cold helps I put on the aircon full blast in the car and also take ice with me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.