Anxiety panic and menopause

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI all,

I am so discouraged and frustrated.  My anxiety levels are so high.   I have tried Setraline, and felt great for a while, and then suddenly I woke up from a nap with a huge panic attack, and it felt like I had 100 cups of coffee.  My pdoc refuses to put me on any kind of antidepressant now.  He tried to put me on atypical antipsychotics, but had some really bad side effects on microdoses of the medication.  I had the pharmacogenetic tests, and now I know I cannot take any kind of atypical antipsychotic.  I am currently on low dose lithium 150mg a day While it takes the edge off, I still have days where my anxiety is bad, and I am starting to limit activities because of it.  My gynecologist thinks that hormones will help, so I am on low dose estrogen which helped me sleep better.  I am trying therapy, but it has not been very helpful yet.  Can anyone else sympathize?  I am worried about all the meds that I am on.   Oh, and I am taking Klonopin too.  I am such a mess.  I have been dealing with this for 7 months.  Is there any hope for me.  I have tried the natural way, and exercise, diet, breathing exercises, yoga....etc, and nothing helps much.  Can you all tell me what works for you?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello there and I'm sorry you're going through this,it can be really tough! I think you should give yourself some rest about it,take a break from where you can! Are you receiving any therapy? If not, I really recommend it as it gives you a better understanding of yourself and problem. Spare some hours to sit on your own and think about it,relax and try to accept it instead of avoiding it. Anxiety is tricky like that,it needs acceptance in order to subside and let us take control of it. I don't know if that makes any sense to you but I find it helps with me! Best of luck to you and keep us updated!

• Posted

I am in therapy, and had my third session last week.  I am not sure she is the right therapist for me, but I will give it some time.  Thank you so much for responding.   I will take your advice. Thank you so much!
    • Posted

Yeah give it a bit of time,in the beginning of my therapy i thought that too but bare in mind that the therapist needs time to get to know you too so it might be weird the first few times! No problem,always around. If you need anything,message me!
  • Posted

Be kind to your self. Dont beat yourself up about it.. 

Look after yourself as well as you can , walking in the fresh air for relaxation , drink plenty of fluids. Take time out for .. morning and evening relaxation meditations. Positive affirmations, Etc Etc.

Any coping tool you know put it in to action and work on it..

Each day is a new day live that day as peaceful as you can and let yesterday go xx

😊

• Posted

Thank you, Thank you!  You are right,  I have not done any positive affirmations.  I will try as many things as I can.  Thanks so much for your advice.  It is much appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.