Anxiety/panic attack/stress

Posted , 4 users are following.

so i dont even no where to start but its been a long road . after seeing my doctor 100 times and vistiting the hospital 50 times im still stuck. i keep on having all these tests done because i always feel i have cancer or a heart problem. im 27 and weigh 436 lbs. i played soccer for 18 years and always have been active but overweight. ive lost 156 lbs in half a year id say . which i was 586. but what im dealing with now is hard . my doctor tells me its anxiety and panic attacks. i fear its heart issues. ive had many ecg done and blood work and stress test and ultra sounds and everything is normal . im not on a heart monitor. i get cramps and aches in my left peck area along with back pain lower and upper. i have arthritis in my left shoulder . i have these random attacks that last about 10-20 seconds of racing heart and a deep fear of something bad is about to happen with it feels like i forget how to breathe during the attack. i have alot of acid and gas issues . so im lost for words . im on high blood pressure medication also. if i excerise to hard now i feel these attacks also . can panic attacks happen out of no where during excerise?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi I would request for a MRI of the brain but eating healthy is where I would start and have some blood work down you have to rule everything out before you can just say anxiety

• Posted

I went through the same thing, its horrible. Are you on any anti anxiety/depression meds? If not I suggest you look into it, once i finally went on medication it was a little rough at the start but alot of my symptoms of impending doom and death went away. I found that CBT therapy really really helped. If you are on meds, remember that the drug is not the end all be all solution. It is a tool will help you have the courage to make the proper changes in your life that are effecting your mood and train of thought. You're mind is a powerful thing and a formidable prison in which we can find ourselves stuck, if left unchecked. My advice to you is have faith in yourself and dont give up! Everything you are feeling is just temporary and can be reversed. You and your anxiety have re-wired your brain to a negative train of thought (my experience) that is usually in a past tense state of anxious emotions or a future state of constant preemptive worrying. It dictates how we perceive what is going on in our present lives. Learn to be mindful of how you are thinking and remember that what has happened is done and what our future holds hasn't happened yet. Do whatever you need to do to keep your mind grounded.

Be well and live in the present.

• Posted

thanks parn! did you also find your blood pressure high ? also did anxiety cause stomach problems for you ? sore muscles ans cramps?

• Posted

Yes my blood pressure was high and I had terrible stomach acid and heart burn, also pains in my arms and chest. Every time I went to the hospital about it I was told I was having a panic attack and there was nothing really wrong with me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.