anxiety/panic attacks :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

I suffer from anxiety/panic attacks I also have a huge phobia of being sick. Im on medication but doesn't seem to be working. This is breaking my relationship my partner is fed up of it all, I dont stay out on a night anywhere, I won't make plans as I never stick to them, I am moody and aggitated all the time. What can I do I'm going to loose everything!?!?!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, firstly I just want to say I have been suffering too and the main cause of my anxiety attacks is because of my phobia of being sick. I haven't taken medicationfor it however IT DOES GET BETTER! I have been going counselling and that helps. Just retrain your mind. I get in bad moods and upset about it too but you must stay positive and stay calm, just think that you are going to be fine and think of things that will make you smile. Your partner should help you through it, explain exactly how you feel and hopefully they will begin to understand, don't stress too much.
    • Posted

hey smile it is awful the reason for my anxiety/panic attacks is because of my phobia I am starting cbt (cognitive behavioural therapy) within the next month I'm hoping that will work have you tried cbt? My partner does help me but I feel like I cant talk to him about it like its doing his head in sad I have gotten to the stage where I'm keeping it all in x
  • Posted

This is exactly what I'm going through and I'm only a teen. The therapy does help but it takes time. I know exactly how you feel as it was hard for my family to understand it but my counseller helped them see it in a way that explained it more. I find it hard too, expressing thoughts is difficult but you can get through it! I managed to get out more and feel more confident. Positive self talk really helps x
    • Posted

we will stick to private messaging brooke smile just got yours now thank you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.