Anxiety/Panic for no reason

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am a worrier, I over think every thing and have very little self confidence. But my anxiety levels are at the worst they have ever been and I really have no idea why. My life is good, we have struggles like many but nothing to be concerned about. But I doubt myself all the time, I always think I am not good enough, fun enough, interesting enough, clever enough etc and compare my self constantly to others. I get hung up on stupid things, a flippant comment from a friend, only two kisses on a text, how happy my pets are! I know I beat myself up with my constant irrational thoughts but I do not know how to stop it!

My anxiety symptoms are awful, sleep disturbance, upset stomach, feel like I am coming down with flu constantly, aching, lithargic, headaches, dry mouth,irritability, tearful, cold and hot, nausea, feelings that I cannot cope, dealing with simple tasks scare me. I even look to worry for other people doing things. My boyfriend is doing a gig, I feel nervous for him. It is out of controll. I constantly think I have something seriously wrong with me, but I know I have not. I feel like this most of the time now and have to keep up a front to all those around me, friends, family etc. They dont need to see me lose it! I am on Propronolol but I have only taken them when I am getting worked up about something, but should I start taking them daily to get me through this? I am having major issues concentrating and my memory is so so terrible.. wish I could forget how this all feels but that is very prominent sadly. I am not depressed though and generally I am a happy person but I do struggle to switch off and relax but these physical feelings are killing me sad   Any advice?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nikki,

Take the tablets daily as it takes a while for them to get into your system and they will help, i was over thinking things loads and bad thing too, also compare myself to others, so the Mental health nurse put me on a tablet called Quetiapine and they helped me lots, Please read my post its called 22 days on sertraline smile

Hope you feel well again soon

• Posted

Thank you for your advice, I think I will most definitely take one every morning as by time I have settled at work I am at my worst and then have to wait for a tablet to kick in. I should take one even if I feel ok when I get up. I will go read your post . smile

• Posted

Hi Nikki, read mine too 'obsessive compulsive questionning'. I too over think EVERYTHING and make myself suffer.. Im on 40mg of Citalopram and they have changed my life. Without them i am even more of an emotional wreck. On my discussion i also talk about what i do to help my intrusive thoughts and negative thinking. I also use a book called Overcoming Low Self Esteem, a self help guide using Cognitive Behavioural Techniques. CBT therapist use this during their sessions and ask patients to work through it section by section at home. Its a brilliant book and will help you train your mind into thinking more posively and be able to control your 'head' better... There are loads of other CBT self help guides about too. They will really help you. Especially if you really put the work in as CBT makes you face up to your issues and get them into control yourself rather tha just covering up the problems. The more you put in the more you will get out of it smile..xxx
    • Posted

Thank you for your replies. I do tend to think negatively about things but really only things to do with me, I am always quite positive about others and their lifes and choices. I guess you have to learn to like yourself more. I will look for some self help guides. I am new to this site and having seen how many people suffer with the same thing ( although horrifying) makes me realise I am not alone and not perhaps going as mad as I once thought. Thanks for the advice smile (Y)

• Posted

Yes i am the same. I can see all positive things for other people, the good things they have in life, and the good side of those people, yet i see myself differently. Its horrible but these CBT guides help you to train yourself into not thinking that way anymore. It helps make you mroe aware that your negativity is all in your head and isnt real...xxx

• Posted

Hi Nikki 

I know exactly how you feel, that's almost me in a nutshell I panic over silly things even though I know there's nothing to worry or panic about :s

It's anxiety and many suffer with it, I never thought I'd suffer this bad with it to a point where you have no idea what to do with yourself, mine all started when I left my job I was in for 4 years and because I was so used to structure and routine for so long all of a sudden when I left it all fell apart :s second guessing all the decisions I has just made.

You have to try and focus on all the good things as the negative thoughts eat away inside and makes it worse, I know it hard to keep positive as this last couple of days for me have been very tough.

Jen x

• Posted

Hi jenny. Im really sorry to hear your struggling sad its so awful. You could read my discussion too 'obsessive complusive questionning'. There is a lot of advise on there including things i do to stop me engaging in negative thoughts..

Hope it helps.xx

• Posted

How do I read your discussion Niccik as I am new on here?

• Posted

Hi Jenny, thank you for your reply. I am comforted that people know what you are going through. I am however finding it increasingly depressing reading how many people are suffering sad It is horrid, I want to make it go away for everyone.

Many years ago when I was at a very low place and I had thoughts of not wanting to put up with it all anymore I had a dream that if I did anything like that, I would end up feeling like it for eternity and it terrified me. Then over recent years when I have learnt to deal with the episodes of anxiety I have been so glad to have my children in my life, I thought I would rather actually have this feeling every day and still see them then never see them again.... perspective I guess. Although I would rather wipe my memory of ever knowing what anxiety and panick attacks ever were, I feel sometimes the fear of them brings them on. Do you ever get some of the symptoms of anxiety mixed with normal every day feelings you should have and it freaks you out a little? Fun fair rides .. going over bumps and too much excitement or a lot of sugar and the day after too many red wines all give me that same dreadful feeling in my stomach sad x

• Posted

Hi Nikki

I know it's mad how many people suffer with it, but all the stresses and pressure of today's world I guess it's not suprising. 

It's more annoying how uncontrolable it is sometimes and how bad it can make you feel, I can always bring myself back but I'll go through rough days n it's a case of just pulling yourself through them, this week has been a bad one for me but today was much better.

Yes everyday feelings can bring on anxiety feelings for me as you panic that your normal feelings are anxiety when there actually just normal feelings that are ok to have especially being nervous that's the worst trigger for me.

It's good to focus on the good stuff as it's the only thing that's gunna make you keep fighting as you have people here who need and love you.

Right now I'm finding it hard to switch off and just go to bed :s 

I hope you have a great weekend anxiety free! ( can only hope) 

X

• Posted

Hiya. I think you can just search for it?! smile xxx

• Posted

hi nikki,  I understand exactly how you feel.  I am an awful worrier and have very little self confidence.  I get all the physical symptoms you mentioned but, where you said you know you dont have anything serious wrong with you, I cant convince myself of that at all.  Its such a horrible feeling isnt it?  I also what I call 'wear the mask' when around people as I cant explain how Im feeling and dont think they would understand.  I just wanted to let you know that youre definitely not alone in feeling like this.
  • Posted

This all sounds like me too. I feel guilty for putting my family through it and not getting any younger. My confidence been hammered and im a shadow of my former self. Ive become recluseive and aggrophobic, put on tonnes of weight. My life has changed dramatically in 15 years im worried everyday even scared. Im just non existant right now and been p;ut on propranolol. I am waiting for bi polar assessment. im really confused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.