Anxiety/Panic for years

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have fought with panic/anxiety for so many years seen doctors had test ran. you name it. I get these sudden feelings within me like I'm not feeling well hot flush feeling, dizzy, then I start to fear heart attack. I can't seem to ever overcome it. I always want to run to er and get reassured again and again. It's been 7 yrs since i had a heart cath and it was ok then. But name I'm aged some and get worried. I have taken zoloft for years and think it doesn't work well. I do have depression, went thur divorce several yrs back. loss mother last year. and the story goes on. I wish they would have a place where you could go to groups with others so I don't feel so alone and scared. Thanks I'm new to the post 

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Sheila, welcome here and we are here to help you! I'm sorry for your problems you had to go through, we all have to deal what life gives us and sometimes it just hands you nothing but grief and being depressed makes matters worse, I know I have had to deal with anxiety and depression for many years. It goes away then one day bam it's back for another round. OK so you are on Zoloft which is a good Med but you know what, it's not working anymore and It's time to see your psychiatrist for a new antidepressant. I was on Prozac for years and it worked wonders and I slowley got off it and I was fine for along time then the depression came back and I went back on Prozac and it was a disaster, it had so many bad side effects this time I stopped it and tried others until I found the right Med which is Effexor. Try another Med and get some benzodiazepines for your Anxiety, you willl feel better and keep us posted.

Joe

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the encourging words joe , I go see doctor tomorrow and will try something different. I just feel like i'm missing out on life because I never feel good. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sheila

Your GP may know some Day Centres you can attend. In a group of people like you can help you as you are able to help others.

I went to one for ten years or so I was a Volunteer and when I move to my new town I have missed these lovelly people. See what is available and hopefully there will be a centre close to where you live

BOB

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I know I can't know exactly what you are going through. But regardless I am very sorry. I don't know if will work for you but on line there can be groups called "meet-up" there is an app for it as well. It provides you info on lots of different social groups in the area. Any where from support groups, to hiking groups, to board games , to music and movies. They may not always be support groups directly but sometimes just being around people can help and making friends will build your support system. I was super anxious going to my first one. But it turned out ok.

Take care

B

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I Thank you I will look up that Meet Up and see, I don't have a lot of friends . My daughter is my support. Well my dad now that I lost my mom which I thought each day would get better but I cry so much. But Thanks . I'm glad i found this site it's awesome to know others care and take the time to listen and respond. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Ok they do have groups but hard to find them. They are refreered to as anxiety centers. They do group therapies. Some of them. Not sounding funny but also mental health hospitals have outside meetings and such. You would have to call and inquire.

also not a bad idea to be sure your hormones are balanced as well. Endocrinologist or your regular doctor can run that bloodwork. 

I understand the not wanting to feel alone and scared. You are not really alone, you feel that way. But you really need to go to therapy, and follow up and try to get to a place your feel secure and safe with yourself. This is a vulnerable  disorder that really can make a person eel helpless at times.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes I know I'm not alone but when others doesn't suffer the same feelings they don't understand how we feel. I see doctor tomorrow so will take next step so I can stop living in fear. Have a great day and thanks

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up