Anxiety/Panic Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Doctor wants me to take fluoxetine 20mg, I hate pills, used to be paranoid to take evena half of paracetamol due tot eh fact feels like i can't swollow it and when I do it feels like it's stuck plus, I hate pills in general just scared to take unknown medicine that could make me worse, i asked for the liquid version DR said it's to hard to make or soemthing so am screwed when it comes ot pills.  I want my life back, I  have ben stuck in my hours for months now, I can't walk out the front door am a mess just want to be able ti do normal functionable things again and counceling won;t see me till I take the pills so what other things can i possibly do any other health proffesions i could see or sites that really help anything that helps.  Summer is coming is as well I donlt close the window cause am scared case I suoffocated and i hate the heat so the summer is going to be a nightmare for me and it's really worrying me god how did i get this way how do get out this crazy ordeal and become a damn human beign again not some zombie who is trapped in teh house daily.

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

I hate taking pills also da side effects suck i dont like how da pills make you feel and sometimes they make you more depressed and make you have bad anxiety i hate taking those anti pills
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well I am living testament that medications work.  My life is more managable because of them.  My medication does not make more depressed or anxious.  In fact I am able to go about my life better than hiding from it!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I was on paxil (paroxetine) for 10 years, and it help. I eventually had to get it up after a while.  I eventually was prescribed klonopin (clonazepam) to deal with panic attacks and high anxiety episodes. I was switched to lexapro about 3 months ago, and it seems to be working.  But please realize what medication works for one person does not necessarily work for another.  You may have to try different medications till you find one that works.  That means you have to keep checking in with you doctor to let them know whether it is working or not.  You may need to explain that your medications are not working, and possibly have your meds upped?  It is up for you and your doctor to decide. 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes omg I feel you so.much , I hate taken those anti pills also , first off they are not curing anything they are just masking the symptoms , so what's the point , I take natural vitamin supplements for the anxiety and panic disorder , Google them I'll give you the name of them in your PM , but anyway the pills have horrible side effects that can reallyess you up and I'm super scared of them , I hate that we have to go through this , I want my life back also , to be happy and having fun and carefree not worrying about everything all the time and feeling scared . anxiety is the worst thing to just deal with , but we have to deal with it and beat it and we will it takes a lot of will power, and strength . we can do this guys
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You obviously have choices.  Learn to deal with the anxiety by learning to cope with it, studying on how to mininize it, cbt, meditation, yoga, etc.  Or take the medication and get some relief, and then do the things mention.  The choice is yours.  Cancer patients don't want to have to take chemotherapy, or a type 1 diabetic have to inject insulin into the abdomen daily!
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up