Anxiety problem I guess..

Posted , 3 users are following.

I feel like I’m anxious with everything. But what’s bothering me the most is extreme tension in my face, head and neck. Sometimes my jaw gets so tense that I’m struggling to talk to people. I feel the most tension when I interact with people or try to relax (do yoga, meditation etc.) I always care what people think of me, and I’m always paranoid, feels like everyone looking at me - how I open my mouth, what I’m wearing, what brand are my headphones, how my hair look LOL etc. it’s crazy I can’t believe it, sounds so silly but my brain seem to care. Also I hate to admit it but I’m a jealous person and whoever is better than me (whether its personal achievements, got a nice GF/flat/car etc.) I would always have this jealously popping out that makes me very tense, but the jealously feeling goes away it’s just that it triggers this unnecessary face head neck tension.

Whenever I’m going to an event whether it’s a meeting, pub, gig or whatever, my heart Is pumping and I feel weak and shaky.

I’m not depressed or anything just don’t know how to get rid of this annoying body tension and STOP caring about other people opinion!!!cheesygrin

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've experienced physical changes as a result of anxiety and depression, not necessarily tension in the face, head or neck though. I would see a doctor and counselor to see that it's a result of your anxiety. As for not caring about what others think, I think that just has to deal with self love which is something that maybe counseling can help with. Regardless, probably see a doctor and therapist and address your concerns with them.
    • Posted

Doctors knows about it. I seen many counselors but no use. Thing is, I used to think some of my physical symptoms caused by anxiety but turns out to be neurological problems. Maybe thats related.

But since I know that problem is not just in my head it will be easier to discuss with counselor. Im waiting for CBT atm. did a doctor helped you?

• Posted

Yeah, I understand it can be frustrating finding a commpatible doctor and/or therapist. Going to counseling did help and I was also on anti-depressive meds for a bit just to help get me out of a really rough round of anxiety and depression then I relied on myself. I wouldn't sleep for days, I'd have panic attacks and feel suicidal. For me, utilizing CBT in my everday life or just any coping skill has helped me.
  • Posted

I get the same exact tension in my head, neck ,shoulders and face , tightness heavy feelings especially at work its horrible.isn't it , and I've been checked out NY numerous doctors and had a bunch of different test done.and everything says.I. pretty health I just have severe anxiety and panic disorder

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.