anxiety problems...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I am new to this whole thing, here goes it might be a bit long. I've always been a fairly confidence 22 year old.. however these last 3 months have been the worse of my life due to anxiety. I was in a part time shop/cafe job that I absolutely loved, however it was time to move on and so I got offered a full time job in something that I did not want to be doing, but I took it due to money and family expectations. However, I quit this after 1 day, but I was telling myself that it was okay to do so because I didnt want to waste anyones time doing a job I really did not want to be doing. Then about a month or so later I got offered a job for an apprenticeshop business admin/receptionist, it was a small company of only about 9 people in job and only 4 in the office, however the people in the office hardly spoke one sentence to me, and this is when I started having really bad anxiety problems. So after two days I had to take a day off and I went to the doctor about it and got put on Citralpram, I told the lady all about my anxiety and everything, I was prepared to do part time but the next morning she rang me up telling me that she didnt think it was working out, so I was left jobless again. In the meantime I had been going to private counselling and its been really helpful talking to someone. Then 2 weeks ago I got offered an apprenticeship doctors receptionist/admin, I thought this was going to be a huge change around for me and finally my life would be okay (cheesy I know) the days leading up to it I was so overwhelmed with anxiety and panic, however I managed to go their for 2 days. Don't get me wrong, the people were so lovely and more than welcoming, however it made me realise being in an office based environment really is not to me, and once again I have left this job. I am feeling so lost and feel like I do not know who I am anymore. I want to be doing a job that I love and I am passionate about. I almost wish I would feel normal. So was just looking to see if anyone had been through the same thing as me, or could lend a helping hand. thank you! 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have been in and out of work all my working life due to mental illness affecting me adversely.  Just keep trying when you feel up to it to get back into work and don't be afraid to try something different either if that is what you want.

Richard

• Posted

Thank you, it means alot to know im not the only one suffering in this type of situation. I'm just trying to find out who I am, and what I wanna be doing next, harder said than done since I have no idea what! EEK!
  • Posted

Hi Natalie

It sounds like you are having a really tough time at the moment. 

I think it is important that you find something that makes you happy. Is there a possibility of you returning to the shop where you working? Or getting something similar to that? I think health is so important. 

It is brilliant that you are getting counselling. 

Thinking of you and hear to chat if you need to xx

• Posted

Thank you for your support. Unfortunately, it is not possible to go back, my boss has already hired some new people, although I might text him just to double check. Yeah, im just trying at the moment to figure out what im gonna do next, harder said than done since I have no idea! Thank you again! x
    • Posted

It is always worth double checking. There might be cover needed for when people are off etc which could always lead to something more permanent. 

I know how tough it is thinking about what you want to do. I spent two years job hunting. I have been in my current role a few months now but the contract only lasts until March next year. I have no idea what I am going to do next. My anxiety kicked in about the time I got my start date for this job so I worry that I will get the same with a new job... Well that's if i can get up the motivation to look for new jobs :-/ 

I am stuck in a really negative cycle at the moment :-( 

I think for both of us, little goals to achieve and focusing on some positives 

• Posted

Fingers crossed, I would love to be one day running my own cafe or shop right by the sea and beach, HEAVEN! 

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation, I've been looking at college courses. However, most of them have already started and won't start again next September. I know most people have to do jobs that they do not like, are boring and everything, however my brain obviously doesnt think like that, because I wanna be doing something I love. 

And thank you, that's all I can do at the moment is too be positive. My counsellor gave me a thing that everyday to write about 3 positives about my day, And I have a holiday to be looking forward too, however because it's with some of my family I'm sure I will be getting judged about the whole job issue! 

• Posted

hola, I passed same situation in last time. I came USA without my will. my parents decided for me. when I was there, I found a sastifaction in some job. all jobs were bored, less paid or all negative things that I will have. in some jobs look my negative feeling and attitude making some duties, so giving some considerations or fired me.

until a day , I take some depressives pills and begin to do some activities most like me. for example, I like to ride my bike in different places because I feel that I can fly. after some time I like to do everythings, I don't  have some especial places, activities that are my favorities for me. may this feeling was because I permit my parents decide for me, or scared beging again in a different country with a new laguage and culture. I don't understand which was my problem, but I feel right, I don't care to work house keeping, cashier, or packing cars in a factory because I only need to work for get some money for my family.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.