anxiety really bad

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive just joined a new doctor and he cant believe what medication im on im on floxetine mirtazapine diazapham and mirtazapine zopiclone and co codamols and even tried prorandlol  amitrpyline none of these work my doctor is trying to whine me of diazapham and took me of zopiclone he says all this is making my anxiety worst i just dont know what to do please help

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Gosh! That is alot of pills! Good luck weaning off them, you can do it with a good doctors gentle support... I wish you well, keep us informed how you doing
  • Posted

hi susan wow that is a cocktail of meds and wouldnt help your anxiety! i was on zopiclone for 11 years but went on the ashton plan and not had zopiclone for over 4 months and now down to 2mg diazapam have one left! so will half that tonight! 1st you need to ask for the ashton plan to get you off the zopiclone mirtz will help you sleep . this must be scarey for you! try not to get to worked up i know its hard been there but it can be done trust me ive done it all and do feel better for coming off zopiclone, small steps susan , i wish you luck x
    • Posted

thank you juliee im so scared of coming off zopiclone and diazapham

• Posted

dont be scared i know easier said than done but the reward is amazing your doing great! take each day as it comes susan its a day closer to the light at the end of the tunnel. i promise!! julie x
  • Posted

I have been on 40 mg citalopram (increased from 30) and tbh i feel worse the higher the dose. I feel alot better and a lot happier on 30mg....xxx
    • Posted

My mirt was increased 2 days ago nick and I am thinking the same tbh.

im going to give it 2 week and hopefully it will settle. How long have you been on the 40mg?xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.