anxiety relapse

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi im new here and feeling pretty lost just now, i have had anxiety for about 6 years and currently going through my second anxiety relapse and the past 5 weeks especially this week has been the worst, i live alone which doesnt help im sick every morning, i get about 4 hours sleep a night and once i wake up im up the rest of the night, i have no appetite, i fear the future, i fear losing my job, my dad is unsupportive, i have been staying with family and i feel like they are getting fed up of me, i dont enjoy the things i used to enjoy, i have horrible thoughts, i have lost weight, my concentration levels are bad, im constantly tired, the list goes on. i know everyone says it will get better with time but it just feels like its never ending and i know it wont be an overnight cure. 

any advice? 

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Martyn

Sorry your feeling so low, you are amoung friends here this forum is excellent.

Anxiety suck doesent it? nasty nasty illness.

Personally I take AD ( Ive had depression for 16 years the anxiety only started 4 months ago), I know meds are not for everyone, I am also waiting on CBT therapy, I find keeping busy when an attack comes on (going for a brisk walk helps)some people say meditation and hebal remedies work, I have not tried these.

No matter how many checks I get done at hosptal and docs and I know its anxiety not a heart attack or a stroke my head keeps on telling me Im ill.

Unfortunatly there is no quick fix and my feelings are Im not going to let this win and Im going to have my life back

Stay Strongbiggrin

• Posted

Hi Lynne 

thanks for your response it means alot, i start CBT on Monday but i havent done this before i have tried kalms to help me sleep but they dont seem to work for me. The reason my relapse has started again is because the end of my relationship with my girlfriend and this was unexpected and out of the blue so for the past 5 weeks i have a fear of the future and dont know what to do at weekends. i have beaten this before but its taking me back to the days where i really struggled with it. 

would staying at my own house rather than family/friends houses benefit me?

• Posted

While its good to have family and friends around us sometimes we have to take timeout on our own,but what matters is what you feel comfortable with.

Hopefully CBT will start you on the right road.

I wish I could go down the herbal route but I think Im too far gone!!! lol

I am at present tapering off one med and going onto another it is absoulute torture

Take care of yourself and message anytimebiggrin

• Posted

i havent changed meds in 6 years im currently on citrolopram 20mg it helps with the deppression side but not so much anxiety side. i just feel a bit lost in my own mind just now but hopefully it will return to normal. 
    • Posted

Ive been on mirtazapine 45mg for 6 years it was great helped my mood and helped me sleep but its stopped working,my gp changed my meds and no offence to anyone but gp's just dont have the same experince as mental heath pros, I do have an appointment with a psychaitrist at the end of the month

Take care my friendbiggrin

• Posted

Stay strong and think positive i know its hard but keep fighting
    • Posted

thanks for your response, its really hard to focus on being positive but i must 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.