anxiety restricts us

Posted , 4 users are following.

though anxiety is a mental disorder it restricts us in every field of life :my problem is that I have started restricting myself from many things with the fear that I will undergo panic attack I am just 20 years old; whenever anxiety triggers I feel like running away from that place but most of the times it is not possible as if I do it what others might think.I have phobia of fainting although I haven't faint .what should I do should I restrict myselfbecause of anxiety or should I just go with the hope that anxiety won't trigger PLEASE HELP

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun im the same im constantly saying what if.. what if its not a panic attack this time and something serious I feel I can't cope anymore im constantly thinking abouty heart the way it beats the pain I get in my chest and arm constantly, easier said than done but don't restrict yourself because that will make u worse just slow deep breaths when u feel one coming on and remember u hav had it before and got through it so u can do the same agaim I'm 22 so similar age range what symptoms are u currently getting? Here if u need to talk x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

thanks Laura for your reply; I have read your post and I really feel sorry for you that you have a lot of physical symptoms of anxiety; my hands and feet's start shaking and I have butterflying sensation in my stomach ;you are right I shouldn't restrict myself; I HOPE your anxiety also vanishes soon its difficult to accept nothing is wrong with u when your mind is saying there is something wrong
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi there,i have that problem too.when I am talking to ppl I am always worry I think I will have a heart attack that moment,before my anxiety I was a social and extraversion but because of it I am not like my past:-(trying to change it I force myself to be with ppl even when it makes me nervous I know its realy hard but you try it too.gool luck to u;-)
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up