Anxiety returned!

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I just finished my fourth week on 10mg.

My anxiety is so heightened. I switched to taking thisvin the am because I was having trouble sleeping. Now I can't sleep again.

Trying to hang in but it has been 4 weeks!

Have an appt tomorrow. Taking a 0.5 mg of klonopin takes the edge off

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

You see your GP tomorrow, go back onto 10mg and talk to your GP. I take my medication half an hour before bed. Be patient with the medication, the doctor may increase the dose.

B.

• Posted

4 weeks is still really early on the citalopram journey.  The Dr may increase your dose,  but this wont have any quicker effect.  It was about week 10 before I started noticing little improvements and week 12-14 when I noticed feeling 'normal'.  It really isnt a quick fix, but stick with it.

• Posted

Do you take it at night robin the morning? Please tell me there are glimmers of hope along this 10-12 week journey.
    • Posted

I take mine in the evening.  When I first started taking cit I took it in the morning, but I had weeks of bad side effect, nausea, wretching, not eating from the meds and my anxiety, so I changed to take it in the evening.  

A lot of people do suffer with insomnia, I've just had the odd night when I couldnt sleep.

You will get there, it's slow, but it does happen.  I didnt believe it would or think I would ever get better.  I've had accupuncture, cbt, bought self help books, alsorts to try find that magic wand.

Are you having cbt?  I do recommend it, it works hand in hand with the meds

• Posted

I bought a book and am starting to journal, yes.  Also seeing a counselor.

i think I am going to switch back taking it at night, I've been so exhausted the past few days, thank goodness I had the days off from work.

ive had good days, I fight taking the Klonopin which is stupid because it does relax me and allows me to eat.

if I took it this morning at 7 am will I mess myself up taking it at 10 pm? It's 10 mg 

• Posted

If I were you I'd move the time you take it over a few days. Say take it a couple of hours later tomorrow, then take it in the afternoon the next day, until you've moved it to evenings

• Posted

I had the feeling of a lump in my throat for the first few weeks, apparently it's one of anxiety symptoms. It does go away eventually

• Posted

4 weeks is still to early to be see any real major improvement. Although the medication works different on every person I am in week 13 and I still am working on things. Give it time.
    • Posted

Timothy, over time did you find you had the anxiety chest pain and the lump in your throat and experienced your throat would burn? Whenever I have my bad days, I get that
  • Posted

I know only too well that 4 weeks seems like a lifetime but I promise it'll improve xxx

• Posted

Psych took me off of Celexa. I lost 14lbs on this medication and not sleeping.

I do not suffer from depression but anxiety.

I wish you all the best of luck on your journeys with this. ??💕

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up