Anxiety ridden for 4 and a half months need help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Not everyday is the same, good and bad but recently the attacks seem to be elevating to the point were they are a struggle to cope with. Struggling with the physical symptons more than anything. The sore legs, arms, head and especially the back spasms.Im on quetiapine 25mg twice a day though i dont like taking medication i will say that they habe at least kept my mind from wondering.

Trying to find the motivation to keep plugging away at this is a test of durability. 4 years ago the same thing happened and i hit the drink and drugs which at the time i believe now masked all my current problems. Though this time round i ended in hospital with suspected alcohol withdrawl symptons. So ive been alcohol and drug free now since this recent setback. Trying to get people to understand how i feel at times is really hard to do as they are old school responses just snap out of it style. I know that given time and alot of dedication to the meds and cbt therapy there will be a silver lining. Though it would be nice to actually talk to people that know exactly how im feeling for a change. Reading most discussions and i really do now understand that i am not alone out here. So if i can help anyone in anyway shape or form i will.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi William , sorry to hear your having a bad time. I suggest you seek medical advice. Let me know what they say ok.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Lol i know what they say anxiety, read a book, exercise have some cbt coming up on2 july looking forward to that really do think that will help with the lack luster motivation i have but all good things come to those that wait i see this a stumbling block one that will not be there my whole life. If i had one wish it would be to rid the world of this. Always remember there are people who care and respect what we are going through.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi William. ....

I agree with steph in seeking medical attention.

It's great to see you're going for CBT, I myself done CBT for 6 months and found it to be really helpful with not only my anxiety but also panic.

I like yourself and many others have good and bad days and it is a struggle.

But that's what I love about these pages, we can all struggle together.

Best of luck William, keep us posted.

John

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yeah have been in regular contact with the gp and he wants me to continue wih meds exercise and anything hat trys to relax or tire you out. Its just as youve put it the bad days. Feel like a burden at times but im mustering through these days. Would not be to bad if i was able to do the things i love doing but my mind keeps talking my out of doing them just seem to be stuck in what seems to be a groundhog day situation but im trying to stay positive but it zaps all the strength and energy i have staryed today being rough had a alright middle section but back to feeling eough again. But as the song goes tonight is going to be a good night lol.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up