anxiety rollercoaster

Posted , 3 users are following.

havent been on here for a while,ive been ok the prozac has kicked in and helped somewhat,i talk to tess from this forum by text and she helps me loads with my health concerns/questions,been fine until tuesday when i found an enlarged lymph gland under my armpit,i can feel 2 normal pea size ones under right arm then one pea size one next to a grape size one under my left armpit,had bloods done and all fine,the doc has also sent off for me to have a scan ,she said she doesnt think i need one but its to eleviate any worry and panic on my part,anybody else feel their lymph glands in the armpit or have you had them swell up /go down ? cannot help but panic even tho bloods were fine,please help x

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Sarah I had  swollen armpits many times I mean my Lymph glands would swell up big .Went to PCP its a inetion from hair (ingrown) or shaving.Dont worry unless your armpits and neck lymph glands are all swollen at 1x.sending you positive energy.your fine.
    • Posted

hi thanks for reply,yeah docs checked all my other glands which were normal ,i can always feel my neck ones cos im quite slim,the armpit ones have been freakin me out ,well the one thats grape size,dont know why im still stressing as like i said bloods were all normal x
    • Posted

You are stressing out because you are dealing with anxiety, Sarah. Find something you like and go do it. We can either focus on the anxiety stuff, or change our focus, Honey....our choice.
    • Posted

i know i was doing so well for a few weeks but now im back to focusing on it and all my anxiety numbness/tingling symptoms have come back ,its horrible ,just had a week on holiday and was so calm and relaxed ,i only had one day where i had anxiety numbness/tingling then bang!i find something else to stress about x
  • Posted

so is there anybody else have any experience with swollen lymph glands in armpits?like i said my bloods were fine but i honestly dont think i will feel better or stop worrying until this gland goes back to its normal size x
  • Posted

Hello Sarah

Everything seems to be in hand, your GP seems to feel everying is in control.

I have a lump on the back of my neck on the spine and I have had the tests and all was ok. Be patient and everything should be fine

BOB

• Posted

thanks bob for your reply ,its reassuring isnt it when somebody else has something similar x
    • Posted

Yes Sarah

Yes it helps, all you can do is wait and see, if you feel they are getting bigger phone the Surgery, 

Good Luck

Keep a hold

BOB

• Posted

like i said before though all bloods were fine so i should feel better and relieved at that,ive been advised that if there was any kind of problem it would have shown up in my blood test,health anxiety sucks,just when you feel its under control and youre almost back to your old self something comes along to start the cycle again,6 months ago i would have handled this very differently x
    • Posted

also i do have a doctors appointment on tuesday evening so that should help x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.