Anxiety ruling me forever???

Posted , 6 users are following.

Okay so I kind of think everything just sucks at the moment I'm 26 single parent to a beautiful toddler but this anxiety is taking over my life I never really suffer from major panic attracks a odd one here and there mainly when I'm at work. But i have the the same symptoms day in and day out non stop the feeling of chocking not being able to take a deep enough breath fast heart beat feeling detached from reality and not forgetting looking at people when I'm

Out wishing I never had this disgusting illness! I fill like I can't have a relationship cause I'm scared the "a" word will take over I look at my daughter and wish I could be a better mum and do stuff in the correct way with her instead of freaking out and tiring sad half way threw the day! I guess what I'm trying to say is will the "a" word be with me forever and control my life! Any suggestion on good books to try and control this please! Thanks guys smile

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Ok so I know where your coming from it sounds like you have th same as me which is GAD the physical side to the anxiety I just let my anxiety be there don't let it beat you your more powerful than that I normally look at videos too help me calm down I had severe panic attacks all th time and chest pains everything don't try and stop them let it be there get too know it and then beat it work really good for me hope your ok
    • Posted

Hey thanks for your reply I'm okay I guess just sucks want to Be able to do stuff girls my age do lol. Sorry to hear about your experience with this all! But what you said is true I'm going to try and over power it and don't pay attention to it. smile
  • Posted

you are not alone april..got same symptoms..its horrible
    • Posted

Sometimes it fills like your the only one suffering with it sorry you have it as well hope your okay sad
  • Posted

Hopefully not. Hop fully sci nce will figure this out and fix it. Its definetly a mal function. Many of us raised kids with anxiety, probably most people. You will be ok. You will. The main thing you can ever do,is accept it, surrender to the attacks and do not ever feed into the symptoms or fears. Takes a lot of disipline and focus. Dont let it bully you. Learn mindfullness and meditation. Check your messages
    • Posted

Hi thanks Lisa for your message! Really appreciate it! I picked up a book from my local library today so will definitely be giving that a read tonight as well as the link you advised thank you very much smile
  • Posted

There are lots of meditation and self help links on the internet

Stay strong you are not alonecool

• Posted

Anxiety surely makes our routine works stressful. Are you consulting any doctor? Please don't worry it can be managed with meds and therapy. 

Also, try deep relaxation and progressive muscle relaxation exercises.

Take care wink

• Posted

Hi punk thanks for reply I'm on 20mg of fluoxetine and been signed of work for 2 weeks I was seeing a therapist but the sessions have run out now and I did fill better but 5 months down the line I have a major panic attack at work for no reason then the anxiety re started again no win game sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.