Anxiety so bad!!

Posted , 11 users are following.

I can't handle this anxiety anymore. I would some feed back on what helped you. HRT? Supplements? Etc?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wildfire, 

While I may not be able to recommend something, I might be able to tell you WHY this is happening.  Hopefully someone will come along with some good ideas.

Remember that all our hormones are interconnected.  Our adrenal glands help push off small amounts of estrogen/testo/progesterone.  Once we lose our sex steroids, our body is definitely feeling some stress.  And our adrenal glands are what help with stress.  So they go into high gear, trying to help us.  But this is why so many women feel anxiety in menopause.  Those flight or fight hormones create that stressful feeling.  

Hope this helps.  You aren't going nuts or losing your mind, it's all part of the changing hormone landscape.   

• Posted

I'm only 37 but I've been dealing with sorts of symptoms from anxiety, panic attacks, agoraphobia, depression to itchy skin, insomnia, weird aches and pains, concentration problems, nausea, mood swings, crying spells, fatigue. Just to name a few. And they've been getting worse and worse. It started with the panic attacks but years ago I remember having almost like these adrenalin rushes or like an electrical shock feeling while trying to go to sleep. I still have it and it has gotten worse.

• Posted

Hi wildfire, I have all of these bad symptoms also. And what's scaring me the most is the agoraphobia and the doom feelings, if I try and go somewhere I turn around and come back home to my safe zone...I've cried all day today and yesterday also, and I laid on my bed and feel like my life has been sucked out of me! Really sorry I'm not much help today, but do want you to know that it's also happening to someone else, ME.. 😢😢😢

• Posted

Wow. I am in disbelief I am experiencing your exact same issues. Even that adrenaline rush feeling when going to sleep. I was just getting it then but now I get it anytime all day. I am getting this awful internal tremor feeling as soon as I wake up. It makes me have anxiety and now my stomach has been horribly upset. I thought I was a little young to be experiencing all these crazy symptoms as I am only 41.

I have to find some relief but I hate to get on meds. I thought about trying birth control pill to see if they help.

• Posted

Wildfire123

My anxiety, panic, paranoia has hit its most high, horrible thoughts, body shaking, totally convinced my husband and in laws are out to get me. Constantly beating myself up for past mistakes, feeling totally unworthy of everything, can't eat properly, wide awake now 4.50am! Again, flushing all the time.   Not trusting anyone, pushed me to the point of , can't do this anymore, been to docs and got some tabs, I had them before and felt better , so stopped taking them,big mistake! So hopefully these will kick in very quickly 🙏🏻 They are supposed to help with menopause symptoms. 

• Posted

First if all you need time see you Dr and tell him or her about your symptoms. I assume you will be given something. I was given Xanax slow release .5 once a day. This is a very low dose. Next, find a good psychologist, and go. I assume the treatment will include some talking, some cognitive behavioral therapy and some mindfulness. All this will help tremendously and I promise you will get much better. Just taking control already helps. Until you make your appts, you can look for mindfulness and hypnotherapy y.t. videos, which help get your flight and fight hormones down a bit.
  • Posted

Hi wildfire123 

I use HRT they are called femseven  cont patches they have help me with my anxiety  I all so went to see a councillor she help me a lot  at the beginning as I could not work for 4 months with anxiety

Take care 

Paula 

• Posted

hi my gynae put me on a supplement which has Evening primrose oil, vit B, Vit E, zink an magnesium in it....an a calcium pill with Vit D, K2  combined....these 2 pills really have helped my anxiety.... when its really bad befor my period i do have a calming pill i can use but thats seldom now.....
  • Posted

I've found guided meditations and yoga really good for reducing anxiety. Also avoid too much caffeine and alcohol which can make you feel worse. Magnesium supplements can be helpful too.

• Posted

Gypsy014 I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes it's hard to just walk to the mailbox and back. I feel impending doom immediately. 

Kelle34850 I had no idea what these "surges" were. I just kinda brushed them off in the beginning. But now they are almost every night. They are so annoying.  I now know what it's like to put my finger in an electrical socket without actually doing it. I too get the tremors first thing in the morning. I find if I eat a banana they go away a little bit. 

Denise999 I too always think that my boyfriend is cheating on me when in fact he's not. He's not that kind of man. Plus his mother would murder him if he did cheat on me. What kind of tabs did you get?

Lana07071 I see a wonderful therapist and she has supported me through all of this. I've learned a lot of coping skills like CBT and DBT and mindfullness. But they don't always work for me. 

Paula20385 I had to quit my job because of the crippling anxiety. I may look into the HRT if my gyno will give it to me. She's kindof a butthead though. She took blood to test my hormones one time and said "Oh your levels are normal. There's nothing wrong with you". If there's nothing wrong with me then why am I having all these symptoms? ! 

Michele60550 I'm on a multivitamin that has B complex and D3 in it. 

Elaine62759 I cUT out caffeine a long time ago and I don't drink at all. A friend of mine uses a magnesium spray and she says it helps her a lot. I might order some off Amazon. 

• Posted

I think it is a process, a combination of many things. I am off coffee, off alcohol, need to exercise more though, as that is supposed to help a lot. I have a harder time inthe morning also- shaky, but the nausea has gone, and hope it doesnot return. Appetite is better also. I also get lightheaded or dizzy sometimes. I sometimes take magnesium before going to sleep and a few times a week B complex. I also drink chamomile tea at least once a day, and try to eat foods that up my serotonin. I am trying hard and it seems to be improving. xx
    • Posted

Lana You said your appetite is better? I keep loosing my appetite and have lost so much weight and can't seem to gain it back. It's really scaring me too. Did you loose weight?

• Posted

I did lose some weight. I struggled for a while in the morning. Nibbled on dry toast for over an hour etc. It is much better now. Between the xanax xr .5 once  day, therapy and all the other stuff, it seems to be working. I hope to get off xanax eventually. DO you take anything?
    • Posted

Go back to Dr and tell him. Sometimes it is a matter of finding the right one or combination of. My friend had to try a few till it worked. She takes one kind in the am and another before bed. Different to what I take.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.