Anxiety so bad, losing it

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi ladies, 

i really think im heading for a breakdown, I have called in sick all week for work, because I'm not sleeping, panic attacks as I fall asleep, crying etc, it's all because my dr has fast tracked me to a gynocologist, after a pelvic scan I had Monday, I came back with ademyosis , fibroids and slightly thicker endometrium, 14 mm on day 18, however radiographer wasn't at all concerned, didn't write any notes on report, but my dr decided to refer me, and I am now in a state of panic, every time I think ive got to go for the test, I literally break down, I can only think of worst case scenario, please if anyone has been there, can you give me some reassurance.

many thanks

sherry

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sherry... I’m sorry you are having a rough week.  I am, too, and my anxiety has reached a fever pitch.  Two years ago, I had an ovary and cervical and uterine polyps removed.  All were benign in the end, but I went through weeks of testing leading up to the surgery, including lab work on hormones and cancer markers.  I know how scared you feel.  Try to take deep breaths and do things to distract yourself.  The one thing that helps me most when I feel that anxious is company - talking with friends and family, posting on this forum, and trying not to feel so alone.  I pray for the best possible results for you.  Take care and keep us posted.  🌸

• Posted

I was the same when I was sent for tests on my heart after menopause...not sleeping panic attacks crying..I think it’s normal..we all fear the worse coz we are getting older and our bodies are changing massively in menopause...I developed horrible fears post meno and crippling anxiety..I seem to be moving forward now .....the more tests than came back ok the calmer I felt..better to know than not to know...my echo came back with mild leaky heart valve which is very common...I’m in the process ofgiving up smoking.im sure you will be ok and if something is wrong it can be sorted....xxxx
  • Posted

I was suicidal, hot flashes constantly, 45 minute heart palpitations at a time. nauseated, anxiety, depression. Never felt right until I got on the combipatch, my thyroid is low and am also on levothyroxine. It took over a year but only IBS now, so I watch what I eat. The combipatch worked wonders. I will take it for life if I have to. I am about quality over quantity.

• Posted

Sorry to hear this.  We all go thru some anxiety also.    You will be OK-- Dr's need to do these tests just to make sure!!    Whenever you feel your mind start to wander take a few deep breaths to bring you back to the moment.  Lavender spray or any kind of stress oil helps-- I spray this on my PJ's and wrists right before a sleep. Valerian also helps!!    Try to get out during the day for a walk--the fresh air is good.  Talk with a friend/family member-- it helps because I'm so focused on what they are going thru that I forget about my own issues..  : )    

• Posted

This anxiety is very scary, and the mention of anything out of our norm, seems to heighten it.. Try to think of your happiest moments, and reflect there. Hopefully you'll have some peace. Best wishes on great test results 😊💜

• Posted

Hi sherry.  I’m so sorry you are going through this.  You are not alone at all.  Just post on here when you need someone to talk to.  I know how you feel with having tests and waiting.  It always seems like it’s something different I have to get checked out.  Ugh.  Distraction is the only thing that helps me.  Please keep us updated on your results.  ((Hugs))

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.