Anxiety still bad

Posted , 10 users are following.

Why is my anxiety still bad even though I am at the end of my period . All my symptoms are still here as well and it seems the more I think about them the worse they get . I seem to be constantly obsessing about them . Then all the dark thoughts come back as I worry that I am never going to feel like my old self again. Does this make sense to anyone ? I will be 49 in August and my periods are still regular , although usually go three and a half weeks between . I really think that I am going mad at the moment . Is it still peri even when still having regular periods ? Thank you everyone and I would appreciate input . Jane X

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to add that I seem to have a lot of nausea and my appetite has decreased somewhat to what it used to be and my memories bad as well !
  • Posted

Hi Jane your Peri if you are having regular periods I feel like you too thinking never be the same again we have to be positive to get through this,and no your not mad girl just going through menopause o think about the worst myself it all happens to us,my periods have died out but not post yet take each day as it comes and know that it won't kill us and it could only get better hugs .
  • Posted

Hi Jane go and talk to your doctor they will give you a blood test that way they will be able to tell you what's going , I'm 54 nearly and all them feeling do get better when you fill like that take 5 mins for yourself being a woman is not easy at time ... Good luck at the doctors x
  • Posted

You're not going mad it's Peri. I still have regular periods as well and it's just the start of the hormones being erratic until they eventually settle to what they are going to be. You will either began to skip periods or you may just stop completely. I get all of the same things you do and it makes you think you are losing your mind. It is hard to go through. Unfortunately there is no time frame. You will get through it and it will come to an end. Hang in there. I know its always easier said than done but we are here for you and each other.
  • Posted

Hi Jane

It makes total sense. I've got to the stage I obsess about all the symptoms. By doing this for 6 months my life has been hell. I have just started trying to carry on and put them at the back of my mind. For months I have been going out and my head is full of 'what if I faint ' This brings on the panic even more. It is so hard,the hardest anxiety I've had in my life. I'm sure I must have brought on some symptoms more by thinking about them. I hope you have a caring partner. Take care xx

• Posted

Yes. I had what I consider to be a breakdown almost 2 years ago. The two.years before that I was dizzy, had so many aches and pains and symptoms I had begun to think I was dying. Then 2 years ago I was standing in the grocery line and the right side of my body went numb. Thought I had a stroke. I was 42 at the time. Been to cardiologist. Said I was fine. Then I dropped about 30 pounds in a month and a half.when I couldn't not eat. Went through all kinds of testing. Nothing. Had dread every second of.the day. Could not talk to people or do my job because I would experience physical symptoms so strongly. Did not recognize it as anxiety. Still hard to believe anxiety could cause such physical symptoms. It got so bad I thought about killing myself. Fast forward two years. I have worked hard to get better. I see a therapist every other week, I take.an anti anxiety pill, BUSPIRONE, and I meditate everyday. I don't do things because I feel.like I should. I try to be gentle on my self and recognize when my physical symptoms are back i need to take better care of myself. It has been a long hard road but I am having whole days when I am feeling better now. Of course around and right after my period is still rough. Oh, I also keep a health diary on my phone with a period app. That way I can see that there are patterns and i am not going crazy. Hang in there!
    • Posted

I'm having a really bad time at the moment and I don't know what to do with myself most of the time . It seems like one long nightmare . I guess this all stems from peri . I am nearly 49 and still have regular periods . All my problems started last summer when I lost my mum and then all the anxiety started . I understand that trauma can sometimes bring the onset of peri symptoms , so maybe this is my problem as I have had a bad time since my mum died . It will be a year next week .

I just can't seem to snap myself out of all the symptoms that I experience . Here's what I get

Nausea ( a lot of the time ).Migraines and general headaches.

General aches and pains

Doom and gloom feelings. Permanently feeling under the weather.Lack of appetite Always an effort to do anything Tightness in chest like I can't breath Aches in my abdomen. I sound like a right hypochondriac , but all of this is really getting me down . Does anyone else get these problems ? Please I just want to know if there's a light at the end of the tunnel , as this has been the worst year of my life and I'm at my wits end . Thank you X

• Posted

Jane I've suffered all the things you have. It's horrible. You actually feel like you have a disease don't you?

• Posted

Hi Jane. You sound like me.I too am 49 in August and have regular periods. Peri is the stage in life where you have menopausal symptoms, but you are not technically menopausal because you are still having periods. I have the dark thoughts, the obsessing, anxiety, nausea, I'm not me anymore etc etc. I have also learnt from my doc that being over anxious causes the adrenalin in your body to run riot which makes you worse, so you need to find things that will help you stay calm. I do tai chi, listen to my favourite music, try to see my friends a lot to have a bloody good laugh. Treat yourself to a massage or a facial. You can find them cheaper in local centres rather than at spas. Be kind to yourself and try to remember that what you're going through, although it's scary, is completely normal. You will come through this and there's a lot of support on this site. All the best to you x
  • Posted

Just saw my OB Doctor last week and as long as you have a period your not menopausal but Perimenopausal! And I get same thing anxiety is really bad especially before menstrual period . I get bad Dizziness and just feel sick in general .
  • Posted

Dear Jane

Anxiety in peri/meno can come and go, I had my ovaries out a year ago (was peri anyway) but i have bad anxiety with no periods now, i know it is easier said than done but try to clear your head when thoae dark thoughts enter, easier said than done, i have been there waking up to a doom and gloom feeling, health anxiety, thinking you have everything under the sun, loss of appetite with nausea and weight loss due to gastitis brought on by reflux which is common in peri x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.