Anxiety still remains in my eye

Posted , 5 users are following.

OK, so I've had an anxiety relapse for 6 months now after beating it 4 years ago.. here is a question for my fellow sufferers of this disease..

I've been seeing way more floaters in my eyes and some flashy lights on and off through out the day.. I've managed to rid myself of other health anxiety such as stroke worries and the likes so I know what's happening in my eyes isn't anything overly serious..

Has anyone else had vision problems with their eyes?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely!!! Tunnel vision, blue flashing and star like lights. Sometimes even like little black waves!!!
  • Posted

Hi, yes I have- floaters appeared about two months in when anxiety moved to focus on worry about sight. Some days are worse than others and as my anxiety has very gradually subsided I see them less and less. It's like my heightened state makes me more aware or more proactive in looking for them. When I don't think about them, I don't see them. They are awful, but I hope over time as anxiety subsides so will my noticing of floaters.
  • Posted

I get exactly the same. New symptoms are always popping up. Woke up this morning and felt like I could sleep standing up. Had no energy actually felt like I was drunk.
    • Posted

I have felt this way for two weeks now!!! Just like you could collapse at any moment!!!
  • Posted

Hi rachelmarie,

have you seen your opthamologist?do you have blurred vision too?

• Posted

I'm going tomorrow, I read that it could be caused by being near sighted which is the most likely cause! It's just more annoyance than anything .. and sometimes I get the blurred vision and a pain in my head from squinting (my job requires me to look at objects close up all day)
    • Posted

Im glad youre going tomorrow. I am sure its nothing but always good to make sure. Good luck!!.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.