Anxiety sucks... New symptoms every week

Posted , 3 users are following.

I always had the typical anxiety symptoms

-Chest pain

-Heart palpitations

-Loss of breath

-Brain fog

-Muscle tension

But since 2 weeks ago.. My brain fog went to a whole new level .. On top of lightheadedbess and head pressure. It was constant 24/7 the ER/Doctors said its anxiety.. Bloodwork/EKG/MRI saids I'm healthy. But I always fear they're missing something as my brain fog / derealization / Lightheadedness is 24/7 for the past 3 weeks. Anyone ever had that problem for so long?

I went on paroxetine for one day (starting 40mg).. And the next morning I wake up with hot flashes / burning skin/ ringing ears/ dry mouth / always thirsty. I called the pharmacist and he said that dose may be too high and all the seretonin is shocking my system possibly. It went on for 48 hours and finally went to the ER they said its most likely a side effect or I'm having a fever or virus and to just take Benadryl and rest and hydrate. I feel like it's anxiety or just a side effect because the burning comes and goes but they said it should have gotten out of my system by now... Idk anyone had this problem?

It seems like every week I'm getting something new

sad I will be going to a 4th doctor to get a different opinion from a different hospital. I'm hoping they will put me on something I don't get a bad reaction to.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

I know what you mean. I have bad anxiety and paranoia. And I get bad nervous as well it's horrible. I've been getting it since I was about 16/17 years old. I'm currently back on diazipam, propranolol an phenergan tablets off the doctor. I used to be on alot of different types at one point but I've been trying to get off them an get better but I seem to be getting worse. I hate it. I can't sleep properly and my anxiety is the worst it's ever been. I was buying nitrazipam offline and they helped abit better than the diazipam.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ook I'm sorry your suffering aswell it isn't easy sad I've been in agony.. My doctors won't prescribe a sedative or anything for my headaches/head pressure / brain fogs/ Lightheadedness ) so I've been in Agony for these past 3 weeks.. Now I got burning skin.. It's horrible. I'm hoping the new doctor will prescribe something better.

In your experience. What ssri had the least side effects / weight gain?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

it seems you are suffering quite badly from anxiety my love yes I had it for weeks it took four weeks for my tablets to start licking in im on citalopram and propanalol unfortunately its not a quick fix and because we constantly look for these symptoms we generate a lot of them our selves so its a vicious circle a lot of us try and stay off the meds but sometimes we have to give in and take them I managed (dont know how) for five months determoned i wouldnt take meds but in the end i realised that i needed them. Ive been on them just over two months now and i am coping better I know that it will never go but im going to cbt and meditation and i now drink chamomile tea but that works for me every one will respond differently
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Im at the point aswell where I have no choice.. It's been 8 months. But this past month it has gotten worse. The burning sensation is is finally starting to lift. And the head pressure / brain fog / Lightheadedness is their aswell but it probably improved 10% I think I'm going to try chamomile I remember it does help. I have some lavender capsules on the way .. I've heard it's pretty fast acting for anxiety. I'm hoping that will hold me off until I find something that works for me.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up