Anxiety symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'd just like to ask if anybody else experiences similar feelings. Although, I am withdrawing from Mirtzapine I seem to be over the worst of the symptoms that it gave me. So now I'm on 18mg every morning I wake up feeling sick, anxious, stomach churning, feeling of impending doom, don't want to get up back can't get back to sleep, I don't sleep well and haven't done for 2yrs at least, and sleeping tablets don't seem to keep me asleep. I felt today that I can't cope much longer but don't want to go back on meds unless I have no other options. 

Any suggestion that I could try maybe herbal, meditation and breathing exercises don't really help these feelings. I'm waiting to have CBT but due to ilness I've had to cancel and wait for new appointment. Never had it before, so not sure if it will work for me but I will try anything!!

Getting pretty desperate now. My husband very understanding but he can't help and he has his own health problems to cope with.

Thanks for reading. cry

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi what symptons did u have? ive had the whole 100. ive jus been put on setraline, did u have any headaches?
    • Posted

The withdrawal symptoms are similar to anxiety as in my previous post at least for me anyway. Yes I do have headaches, have one now, took painkillers to the max so can't have anymore. Still feeling nauseous that really gets to me. I can stand pain but hate feeling nauseous.

I couldn't cope with Setraline only took it for 3 nights and the side effects were terrible.

• Posted

Hi I've been taken a herbal remedy suggested by my homeopath and I do think they seem to be working. I've so far refused medication I just don't dare take it. So try seeing a homeopath it really does help smile

Also CBT is suppose to be very effective as well. I had one session but I can no longer afford to go as it was too expensive for me.

Xx

• Posted

Thanks Zoe for your input. I luckily can have the CBT on the NHS so I can only give it a go.  As for homeopath I'll look into it and see if their is a local one.

I realise you can't say what herbal remedy your taking incase it doesn't agree with me so I will also ask at the Herb Shop. I have tried a herbal salt but I don't think it is doing anything to be honest, but works for my sister!

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling ill, Kathleen. The CBT will help you, and I'm glad you have a supportive partner. Don't depair! Things will get better. Much love xxx

• Posted

Thank you so much for your kind words Nick. Having just getting over the Norovirus I'm still not 100% and had to yet again cancel my CBT counselling session but re-booked for 2 weeks time.

Just fighting a cold to boot!! So feeling very low anyway healthwise, but must say that seem to be stable on 18mg Mirt which I will only reduce in another 2 weeks or so. Taking it slowly seems to be the answer for me.

Hope your well. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.