Anxiety symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone else suffers with muscle tension I've been having horrible racing thoughts over the past few days I was improving recently but last few days anxiety has been terrible all up the top of my back , neck , throat and all over my head feels so tense and makes me feel dizzy at times also feel shaky just want to check if anyone has the same symptoms I know I need to just accept it's just anxiety but it's horrible I keep getting thoughts I'm gonna mad and having horrible thoughts I'm going to do something bad it's really intense and overwhelming at times I just want to enjoy life and get on top of this for the first time in my life.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You are not alone, i also was feeling so much better for a whole week, I'd say 85% back to normal. Then all the sudden at 9pm two nights ago I got hit with a weird dizzy foggy feeling that was as intense as it was when I started this journey.

I have the muscle tension in my neck and back, upset stomach, and a small headache that feels funny, and not the haha kind. I have almost like a pressure feeling in my head again and that was the major symptoms I started with so I immediately got freaked out and haven't been able to move on from it yet, this morning is more of a headache but not if I'm laying down. The fogginess isn't as bad yet today as it was prior but I just feel like it's coming. I too and sick of this crap and am ready to get on with my life. All I think is there's something going on with my head. A big part is accepting its anxiety but with the symptoms is hard and with no testing other than blood work that did come back normal to fall back on. I do have an open appt for a neurologist if I want it but am kind of stuck in the I wanna know for sure but I'm terrified to find out lol. Anyhow your not along in weeks in and have had one solid week of actually feeling like I was in recovery other than that it's been hell. Been dealing with full fledge symptoms since August without knowing what it was and they finally called it anxiety 6 weeks ago

• Posted

Hi Cody do you also suffer from shortness of breath to as I have had nearly enough every symptom under the sun since my panic attack in April.
    • Posted

No not so much anymore unless I'm having a panic attack the my chest gets so tight I feel like I can't breath but I learned how to belly breath and that helps a ton my main symptoms now are that dizzy cloudy head feeling and dull headaches everyday which I did get a much needed break from for a week when feeling better but now they are back and my neck and back are tense and sore but I have been sleeping on the couch lately as I can't sleep in bed for some reason either scared of it or I know I'm gonna be awake a cpl times a night and don't wanna wake my wife I'm not really sure which

• Posted

It's really weird isn't it such a strange feeling the muscle tension is so annoying must be from the stress of worrying so much I had a better week last week but when I have days like this I feel like I'm at square one

• Posted

You want to know some funny? For the tight muscles..Nail salons usually have people that give massages. Good ones. Maybe ten dollars for ten minutes or whatever you like. It is so relaxing and easy to get one. Very affordable.Might be well worth it for you to try that out. No doctor needed either.
    • Posted

Thanks Lisa I'm willing to try anything to relax a bit 😬

• Posted

That's good info and hopefully when I feel better I'll give it a shot but right just getting out of bed for work is hard with constant thoughts running and fogginess

• Posted

It's a nightmare isn't Cody every day is a struggle just fearing the worst all the time for no real reason people ask you at work how your doing and you just smile and say yeah I'm good thanks but inside it's a living hell 😑

• Posted

Yea I'm a satellite tv installer and have to be around people all day everyday and feel like I constantly feel like I'm wearing a mask and have to be friendly and pretend everything is great but in reality on the inside I'm screaming and scared with a million other thoughts just replaying in my mind, if I don't feel like I'm getting any better by Wednesday in gonna ask to move my dose to 30mgs a day as I feel like I've leveled at 20 and it might not be enough to get me the rest of the way, the only reason I'm waiting till Wednesday is because I have off work Thursday Friday and Saturday so I feel if I have side effects I atleast have a cpl days off to cope

• Posted

We will get through this mate I'm trying to positive for the first time in my life think it's the only way to try and beat this and to live a happy life.

• Posted

That's for sure when I was coming out of it or thought I was lol I was very positive thinking and it did make me feel better, it doesn't help my case that I think I'm getting sick on top of it lol Ive had a fever starting about the sane time as I started feel bad again so I'm hoping it's just a bug and will pass in a day or 2 my wife and youngest son both just had and my son still has a fever so I know it's going around st the moment

• Posted

Yeah everyone's got colds at the moment there's something going around , I'm fed up of sitting here worrying about things that wouldn't normally bother me this strange feeling in head is a new one so mayb just got to get used to it , are you from the states ??

• Posted

Yep and on the east coast lol so weather will be getting cold here any day now lol and the weirdest part Is i nEver even used to go to the dr unless I was really sick like can't move or breath sick lol I never really worried about anything and for three months now it's the total opposite lol and getting used to it is very hard and the racing negative thoughts is also rough and different. Learning to live again almost lol

• Posted

I'm from London uk it's freezing here now . Same as me I don't normally care about anything but any little ache or pain is the worst thing and I have racing negative thoughts which makes my head spin , I felt pretty normal last week mayb 75% and started going out with friends again over last 3 months I've also had worse depression ever had didn't eat lost over 2 stone people say to me what have you got to be depressed about as you have to lovely sons and a wife but I wish I could just shake it off but I wish it was that easy lol

• Posted

Thats not good. Have you spoken to any gp or therapist  about this. You do not have to live like that. You really don't you might need a different medication all together. Doesnt sound like the one you are using is working. They have a cyp450 gene test available to see which meds metabolize well in your body. Might be worth getting this test.

• Posted

Yea I'm not sure I wanna switch medicines entirely yet, I was starting to feel better until I starting getting a fever and feeling crappy plus I changed what time I take me cit which I was told wouldn't effect me at all by my dr but after reading some on here I've seen others say it made things worse so i switched back am gonna ride out this cold and see if I feel better when it's gone, the bad part is I saw my dr Friday morning and was feeling good and had been for about a week staight or so but 5 hrs after leaving his office is when I started fevers and anxiety attacks and foggy brained again for the whole day I do notice when I my fever goes down I feel a bit better so I'm gonna give it a try before increasing my dose or changeing medicines altogether

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.