Anxiety symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi, does anyone else feel like they are just sat about waiting for a heart attack to happen? ive been this way for months now, had tests done which came back normal but i just cant accept that! i try to do things but i am scared of my heart rate going up. the smallest movement makes it go up... any advise would be brilliant x

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

sarah, i’ve had anxiety all my life and on and off rapid heart rate for over 30 years. it is probably the most common symptoms of anxiety. I’ve had every symptom of anxiety you can think of.

One thing I do know for sure is that rapid heart rate related to anxiety cannot and will not hurt you . it’s simply the adrenaline that gets released when you have anxiety or even underlying anxiety that you’re not aware of. The adrenaline causes the rapid heart rate. It eventually wears off.

people with anxiety get negative thoughts but those thoughts are not based on fact they are just based on fear.

everyone with anxiety need to understand and have an awareness that anxiety can and does create rapid heart rate and many other symptoms.

When we tell ourselves something is wrong, your brain will believe that and you will have symptoms.

when you hyperfocus on something such as heart rate, it’s going to continue.

Just remember that whatever you think about will expand whether it’s positive or negative thoughts. It will get bigger!

so we need to take charge of ourselves. Don’t allow fear to tell you something is wrong. The testing does not lie.

if do you need help with anxiety, a counselor can be very beneficial. They can give you tools to deal with the anxiety.

also, Learning proper breathing with anxiety will bring down the heart rate. You can find many mindfulness breathing exercises on YouTube. Stay busy and active. take care ❤

• Edited

Have you or someone close to you had a heart attack recently ? Lets try to look at the cause of why you would feel this way. There is nothing to be had by having a heart attack, its terrible and you dont want to have one. Why have you convinced yourself you are due for one ? The test came back negative and you still are not satisfied. You have no control over whether or not you are going to have a heart attack and you are wasting valuable time and energy worrying about this when you could be living and enjoying your life. Are you looking for excuses not to live your life ? Life is precious and short and you should be out there doing things instead of worrying about something you have no control over. Only God knows if you will have a heart attack but all indications are that you will not have one. Learn to trust the doctors and their advice and dont waste time over this any more.

• Posted

no one in my family has had a heart attack or has heart problems, i am convinced its my heart because of all the symptoms, i am fixated on this and its taking over my life, some days i stay in bed because i am scared if i get up i will have a heart attack. i am just sat around waiting for one to happen, i have googled so much that is has gotten into my head that i have a heart problem but ecg,bloods and chest x-ray came back normal, its not the doctors i dont trust its the tests

of course i want to live my life i am a 23 year old with a 3 year old daughter, i dont want her to see me this way forever, some day scared to pick her up incase it triggers a heart attack, im scared to lay on my left side at night, no matter how many people say im ok i just cant seem to accept it... i get reassurance for a couple of days and its back to square one...

right now i am dizzy, no focus,and feeling scared. i have an mri in june but the doctors are sure its just anxiety x

• Posted

I had a condition which I think was labyrinthitis, that felt like like I was about to have a heart attack, perhaps a symptom of not feeling in control

• Posted

the doctors treated me for vertigo but because treatment didnt work they say its anxiety related, i overthink ever little twinge i feel in my body it drive me insane!

• Edited

Hi Sarah , From past few months i have been in the same situation. I have gone through several tests , everything came normal . I couldn't accept it is anxiety. Doctor's said i am healthy , at this age it is very unlikely to have heart issues (i am 27 years old). Probably it is called "cardiophobia" or Psychosomatic issues as they say. I can't even explain how i am feeling or what i am going through Dizziness , Derealization , Nausea you name it . I overthink every sensation or movement that happens in my body . So you're not alone. We will overcome this , one thing which has helped me is Yoga and meditation , it might work for you too.

• Posted

hi, aw im so sorry your going through this too! its horrible isnt it? if theres anything you need to know you can message me, i know how horrible it is to have fear about the heart, i am also unlikely to have heart issues as i'm only 23, i focus on every symptom, i get the dizziness and derealization also the dropping sensation.. i am to scared to stand incase i fall, i have an MRI in june to try put my mind at rest! fingers and toe's crossed it will.. we will get through this we are stronger than what we think its just so hard at the moment to pull ourselves out of this worry! x

• Posted

Thank you for the assurance , it feels good to know that we are not alone . And yes we will get through this , we are much strong than we know . You can message me too , i have had many symptoms (Some which shook me and petrified me for weeks)Never thought mostly it is all stress or anxiety.When i stand i get dizziness sometimes too but i dont want think on it now as it triggers the anxiety , i would suggest you do the same and am sure the MRI Reports are going to come Normal. But given the situation in the world right now , as you said its more difficult to overcome this but eventually we will . xo

Afterall there is light at the end of the tunnel , right !! x

• Posted

ALthough can you tell me if you have had issues like hair fall or sudden weight loss due to anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.