anxiety symptoms can it be just thoughts and feelings

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I was wondering if anyone else who has anxiety only symptoms were thoughts and feelings of dying I used to have physical symptoms but they gradually went away and was replaced with 24 hours feelings and thoughts I'm dying i think I didn't help myself when I googled it an it came up about premonition etc so anyone else get this im starting to really worry

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

NO googling such info will just make your symptoms worse. I know because I struggle with those same feelings and have been diagnosed with hypochondria and GAD. Best thing you can do is to see a therapist. She will help you sort through these feelings and tell yoursel that you are NOT going to die...if you are healthy and dont have any fatal illness then chances are you will not die any time soon. You just need to stop obessing because it will make it worse   
    • Posted

Thank you for replying

I know googling is a bad idea and I defo need a therapist soon cause these feelings are awful I had a lot of heart issues and after tests all they could find was my pulse was off they said it was probably due to the fact I had thyroid removed so apart from thyroid and b12 I seem to be in good health that's why I don't understand these thoughts and feelings but thank you for the response x

• Posted

Well if your doc tells you that you are in any harm believe them unless you start having real diagnosable symptoms. Are you on medication? Certain meds will give you palpiations and anxiety and could do more harm than good  
    • Posted

Only on levothyroxine and I have a hard time believing docs since they told my dad he had chest infection and died from blood clot I've had symptoms its just the thoughts are what is causing me distress at the min

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.