anxiety symptoms when not anxious

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there just wanting to know if nyone gets anxiety symptoms when there not feeling anxious I seem to be having a lot of them and it's starting to get me concerned.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes u can have the symptoms without feeling anxious I currently have derealization
  • Posted

Hi I have been questioning it myself recently! Every time I go to the doctors I keep asking how he can diagnose my symptoms (muscles twitching, whole body vibrating, numbness in right leg, disorientation) as anxiety when It happens when I'm not feeling anxious. I'm glad someone else feels the same way as me, it makes me feel a lot better and actually believe the doctor.
    • Posted

Hi I can relate to everything your going through I have the exact same especially the shaking inside it terrifies me il be watching TV and all of a sudden my body will be vibrating for hours on end il often wake up with it in morning as well are you taking anything for it?
    • Posted

Im so glad I found someone else who suffers from the same thing.. you dont really see much about the 'vibrating' symptom and is actually horrible. I am not on anything, the doctor offered but because I didnt believe it was anxiety I turned it down.. are you on anything?
    • Posted

No it doesn't seem that common and I did the worst thing by looking it up online about tremors and horrible diseases that didn't help my anxiety much, I get bad palpiations too feel like my heart is racing I pretty much get this every day the doc gave me beta blockers but I never took them as know how bad they are for you so I've cut down caffeine and alcahol but nothing seems to help at the moment I'm seeing a councillor soon though
    • Posted

I've learnt that looking things up always makes my anxiety much worse as I relate all of my symptoms to different diseases. Before I was even diagnosed with anxiety a lady in my work told me that my 'muscle twitching' symptoms could be the start of MS. I went downhill from there, worrying and panicking on a daily basis. Also, it didn't help that people didn't realise that anxiety could cause so many physical symptoms so their doubt made me doubt it myself. It's been hard but I feel like I've come a long way through actually understanding anxiety..

I know it's a typical suggestion but have you tried breathing techniques when you get the palpitations? Or even talking to someone whilst it's happening to take your mind off of it? How long have you been suffering from anxiety if you don't mind me asking?

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

I have been suffering since November 2015 so not very long but feels like forever to me I have had an ecg done and I am waiting for the results maybe that's causing me to shake every day inside I'm not sure. I have done some breathing technics and when I have palpitations talking to people can help all my blood work and thyroid are normal so I know it's not that at all I just want to relax without shaking when I stand up its not as bad how long have you been suffering with yours?
    • Posted

Only since August 2015 so not much longer than you, but I can agree it does feel like a lifetime! I had an ecg done twice (once at the doctors & once in A&E) and they both came back fine.. Also done an overactive thyroid test and that was also fine ... I suppose once they've done all tests possible it'll be easier for you to accepted that your symptoms are nothing more than anxiety and you'll (hopefully) be able to work on overcoming it .. Are there an particular triggers of your anxiety?
  • Posted

This is very common. Anxiety isn't just a mental state, it can have immediate and residual effects on your body.

What are your symptoms?

• Posted

You can always get a second opinion from another doctor?  Have your blood work done for any possibly vitamin deficiencies or possibly irregular thyroid?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.