Anxiety taking over. Need help :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm 23, I've suffered with anxiety since being 15.  I've got really bad health anxiety but it's taking over every little pain I get I think I'm dying.. I'm currently going through numbness and pins and needles in my head and cheek which I'm waiting on an MRI.. But I'm telling myself I have ms or a brain tumour and I don't no what I can do anymore.. I don't want to go out.. I don't wanna come to work.. I keep crying constantly.. I've had CBT but was a load of rubbish.. So I'm on antidepressants to try help.. Just feel lost and alone sad 

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Aww bless ya Hun I'm 25 and my anxiety started when I was 23! The problem with anxiety is that you think you have ever illness I though I was having heart attacks throught my anxiety and this made me worse.. You don't have a brain tumor anxiety makes you think you have because your constantly thinking you have a brain tumor the worse thing you can do is google it basically talks a load of crap!! Have you tried yoga for your anxiety this has made my anxiety go would you like me to send you some yoga position? Don't cry huni I know it's horrible and you feel alone p.s get off the anti depressants there no good they made me worse when I has depression I would like you to try these yoga positions as they help you to ralax and breath I honestly don't suffer from anxiety of depression. I think your a strong person to share your story I'm here if you need any1 to talk to xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I would agree, medication will not resolve anxiety, it just masks symptoms, usually at the cost of aide effects. Therapy for me is the only way to go, just takes time sometimes to find the right therapy
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Emma

I understand how you feel. I too suffer with health anxiety as part of my anxiety. Yes every little thing becomes something terrible and threatening, I get dry mouth and throat from anxiety - so of course the health anxiety joins in and this means its something awful.

I agree CBT is terrible, I use CAT therapy, its much better and is available on the NHS. Medication I avoid as the side effects make me worry too much. Your not alone, its a terrible problem, all I would say is not to google symptoms, it will tell you you have terrible things, once your main anxiety is under control these things will fade too

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanks guys.. means a lot. . The medication tbh is taking the edge off and helps me feel better sometimes. . I might try yoga just find it hard to relax. Always doing something cos relaxing feels weird! Really appreciate your comments ts makes me feel bit better knowing there's not just me who feels like this! Just hope the mri comes back okay bluddy anxiety!! 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up