Anxiety they say?

Posted , 4 users are following.

How many doctors can one see? Seen 3 different doctors in 4 weeks all say my concern is Anxiety!

But i still have weird/strange things happening to me! Never had this b4. Doing my head in!

Do i see a 4th?

Cheers

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

what are u experiencing?
    • Posted

Was all good and normal up till 6 weeks ago! Then one night walking home

My leg stopped working (drank a lot) hospital did heaps of tests, bloods, 40min nero test with hammer, pin, cotton,torch etc.

Mri lower spine, ct scan of brain, ultrasound of hip, talked about all diseases in my family, then he asked about ms!, no ms or diseases in family! End of 4 hours in private hospital answer was maybe intoxicated! Went home and googled ms and other things he talked about! Now i have blocked dizzy head but not dizzy as in dizzy! Pins needles in toes, left calf tight, sore ankle, tight fingers and forearms both sides, popping ears (driving me crazy) and no energy! But still can work etc!

• Posted

Dan, it most likely is anxiety. The same thing happens to me especially if I'm intoxicated or hungover. I thought it was MS for the longest time but honestly it was all just a mixture of anxiety and dehydration from the alcohol. I know it's hard to believe, I still struggle to remind myself that it's anxiety instead of me dying.
    • Posted

Cheers, just hope it goes away soon!

Got a 5 week holiday starting as of friday. So i hope that will rest this so called Anxiety

• Posted

I've had this after a night out, it's what triggered my current anxiety. My leg went tight and couldn't walk on it, had a massive panic attack.

I also get the dizzy full head feeling and ears popping, that could be to do with your ears/sinuses being blocked because I've always had problems with my ears. You could try some olive oil ear drops to see if that helps!

• Posted

Cheers, had my ears looked at today, all fine!

Do find if i drink Cold water, that unblocks them for 30 seconds!

• Posted

Possible tmj fom what your explaining. Clogged ears can be from eustatiin tube being blocked by the overworked muscles in your jaw. Get a soft solint to sleep with if you have tmj. A dentist can sutomize one or they have some at the local pharmacy. It takes two weeks before youd know if it is working. Tmj causes blocked ears, dizziness and headaches. 
  • Posted

recently ive had the lump in the throat feeling its so horrible
  • Posted

hi,im new here only joined yesterday,sorry to hear what you are going through,isnt there anyway you can just see one doctor,i had that problem when my anxiety started was seeing all different docs that were all saying diff things,now for the past few years i only see the one doctor,its hard when u have to keep explaining yourself over and over again,what symptoms do you hav if u dont mind me asking x
  • Posted

You don't say much about yourself. How old are you? What do you  for a living?  What sort of weird/strange things are happening.  Obviously you have told the doctors about these which is why they have diagnosed anxiety. Whose choice has it been to see 3 different doctors- yours?  If you were offered medication did you turn it down? Quite frankly there is no point in seeing a fourth doctor if three have come up with the same diagnosis. You have to accept that anxiety is the cause of your problems and perhaps ask for some counselling.
  • Posted

How do i stop emails being sent every time someone posts on this forum? Got 2 pages of them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.