Anxiety through the roof

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI im 25 go gym about 4 times a week.

Ive been suffering from chest pain daily for about a year and pain that goes into both arms and into my jaw and the doctors have always just said its anxiety

Ive had previous ecgs and they have all been fine, however my doctor wanted me to do a treadmill Test. I done the treadmill test and felt fine however the doctor has advised that the results showed abnormalities. He done another ECG which also showed abnormalities and i now have to have an CT scan

What does this mean by abnormalities im now worried sick thinking ive got a serious heart problem and my anxieties are going through ther roof

I have recently been suffering from acid reflux and had also had a few beers the day before the test could this affect an ECG as all the previous ones i had the doctors said i was fine.. Any feedback appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

I get what your experiencing and they think my chest pain is oesophagus spasms. I also had all the tests.maybe it's your anxiety causing the abnormalities?? When you have the scan that will give them a better picture...the chest pain I get is in the centre of my chest which also goes to my jaw.very scary.let us know how you go regards christina
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Could just be regurtation in valves or cuplets. If they didnt rush you to hospital id say relax its on suspicion not confirmed
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

it is possiblb you may have some problem somewhere but you will need to wait for the test results on your heart to see what is what.

rich

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up