anxiety through the roof...cant do anything

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi i have been asking for hep for so ong but nothing seems to work...its been ike this since nov 14 i cant stop thinking and am exhausted i cant go out get dressed or even go in my kitchen im very scared now can anyone advise thank you 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Can your doctor refer you to a psychiatrist perhaps?

You can go on the way you are.

Ive had depression for 16 years my anxiety started 4th Dec 2015 and its been tough

I see a psychiatrist tomorrow

Stay Strongbiggrin

• Posted

thank you my dr tried to refer me to psychiatrist but there were no spaces i am oretty desperate not cant be doing it
    • Posted

Go back to your gp throw your toys out the pram.

I dont know if your in the UK but thats what I did and had an appointment within a month.

I had to give up work because of anxiety, something that never happened in the 16 years of depression

Keep Fightingbiggrin

• Posted

Dear Leslie,

your life ice is all important. Please seek professional help, a doctor, a therapist, a group. Do not listen to anyone who down talks psychiatry or psychology. Take charge and seek professional help.

• Posted

thanks will try its hard when u cant leave house though will try
  • Posted

You really must get help, someone needs to know what a bad phase you are going through. If you cannot force yourself to go out perhaps you could ring your doctors and say that you must speak to a doctor and see what he/she suggests. You could even write to them but this would mean going out to post the letter, I have written to my docs before which helps to get the problems off your chest and lets people know that you are needing help. I know there can be a long wait to see a psychiatrist but you must impress on your doc or someone close how urgent it as become. Be strong,try and push yourself just enough to get help.
  • Posted

Hi Lesley, I am weening off citalopram at the moment and suffer with anxiety and depression, For the last 2 1/2 weeks I have been using cold showers, to aid with the withdrawls. Now i dont know your medical history regards heart conditions and such, but look into it google cold water therapy, and cold showers for anxiety or depression and see

I can feel low and a cold shower snaps me out of it and usually have another shower before bed

The first 3 or 4 showers were the hardest it then got easier, 

I sure they are helping iv got from 30mg down to 10mg of citalopram with very little side effect in less than 4 weeks, im starting sertraline in a week or so hence why 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.