anxiety to depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi i have been on venalaxifine for many years for my anxiety but it stoped working , the last eight days my gp has put me on 100mg of quetiapine and i have noticed that i am getting more and more depressed , i have always had bad anxiety and a little bit of depression due to being so anxious all the time but never felt so depressed as this , do you its the quetiapine  ! has anyone else had this problem with this medication , i feel like i am getting worse not better  , really struggling with these horrible mood swings , good one minute then ten minutes later so depressed , any help anybody 

0 likes, 19 replies

Report / Delete

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi in my experience I always get worse before I get better and are you also withdrawing from venlafaxine it could be a combination it would depend on how long you have taken the new meds I've never been on that drug but I am about to come off venlfaxine to go to mirtazipine .

😊

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi louise, no i am not withdrawing from venlaxafine as my gp wants to get me settled on quitiapine first , been on the quetiapine for eight days now , terrible mood swings  , how long have you been on the venlaxafine , i tried mirtazapine but it made me really sleepy  
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

you take a med that is a SNRI  there are not many in this group . you doc has given you another SNRI  or you would have had to dtox velafaxine and believe me that is a nightmare detox  i have done it.    SEROQUEL  is another name for this new med its for used on hard to treat depression like Bipolar 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I've been on venlafaxine two years it does nothing for my anxiety and depression feel really ill

I think it's too early days to see if your new med will work not good for us hey 😔 obviously if you start to feel really bad contact your gp how long did you take mirtazipine for ? Did it only makes you sleepy ? Hope your feeling ok 😊

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi louise , i have been on venlaxafine for about 8 years it has done really nothing for my anxiety ,  i did not really suffer with the depression but since i have been on the quetiapine felt more depressed , gp wanted me to keep taking the venlaxafine even when i said it was doing nothing , i think they are scared of taking me of it . i was on mirtazapine for 3 months started on it at 15mg then after a month went up to 30mg but it knocked me out just could not function in the morning , some people get on well with it , but it does have a sedative affect , didnt really have any other side effects . they say 30mg has a more tollarable affect than 15mg ! but to be honest i couldnt see the difference . hope this is of any help 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the info on mirtazipine I have ment to already started coming off venlafaxine I'm terrified cause feel so bad I need to get the courage to start .

I hope your feeling better now how is it going 😊

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

The warnings that come with meds say that if you start feeling depressed, more anxious, mood swings, to contact your doctor. My daughter had a terrible time with her meds. I finally asked for an old one that I knew was tried and true. This may not be right for you. And if you start feeling suicidal, please get help immediately!!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

thank you for your reply bonnie , i will give it a few more days and if i dont see any change or it gets worse i will go and see my gp ,. just feel like im going round in circles , i feel like im in withdrawel rather than on meds to make me feel better , 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Terry, I'm in the same boat as you my friend, I'm currently withdrawing from a high dose of Ven 300mg to try an older trycyclic called Anafranil.

ive refuced my ven by 75mg so far an due to reduce by another 75mg on Sunday. I'm due to ring my psychiatrist Wednesday to oet him know how im getting on but so far no decernable side effects.

im hoping I take to the new meds because they are good for obsessional behaviour and thoughts which I have.

My advise if your struggling with new meds then speak to your GP asap, you can ring em rather than an appointment and see what they say but remember your in control and have the final decision on it.

Neil 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

did you straight taper on to the new med,  or do a full detox.   My heart goes out if you detoxed 300mg  i did that years ago its the worst AD  detox ever, a straight taper misses the big detox , 1 going in another comming out
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

tapered very slowly always do gp said take it for a week and then stop , he has never tried these drugs and should know you need a longer taper period , stop the venalaxafine in a week , i have been on it 8 years plus , so stop it as he suggested and in a week i was crying sweating trembling the worst anxiety and depression just wanted to die so i went back on and now withdrawing very slowly
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Venalaxifine   is a depressive med fist and formost,  not and anxiety med , I WONT LIE to you tappering this drug is horrible , one of the worst , i have friends been on ven  for 20 year and dare not detox they just plod along . detoxing is ok if not going on any other meds then you suffer for a cause, but if swapping for a same family type med   SNRI a straight tapper is the best idea , or slow mixing , some doctors are living in the past and dont even no shrink meds
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi I am on venlafaxine about to come off it I'm on 150 mg go told me to go down to 75 mg then that night start 15 mg of mirtazipine do this for a month then go back to gp ! Would you say this is long enough to avoid major withdrawal ?? I'm too terrified to start thank you 😊
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

canrt  you drop to 75mg and if you feel ok stay on it.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi I can't stay on the venlafaxine it makes me feel really ill that why I am changing to the mirtazipine been on the venla for 2 years and I have felt nothing but sickness deep depression major anxiety dizziness lethargy and no sex drive 😔
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

hi louise i have been on venlaxafine for 8 years but it stoped working for me about two years ago , it made  my anxiety worse and also i would sweat shake tremble feel like sh*t all day , im on 150mg and trying to taper of , i take the capsules and i am taking 1 bead out at a time , im now on number 20 , i have been told that there are 180 beads in a capsule so i take 1 out a day and if i find it gets to hard i will stop on that amount untill my body adjust to it before taking out another bead , let me know how you do with your withdrawel , i didnt have any problems stopping the mirtazapine so hopefully i wont with the venlaxafine ! nice and slow  
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up