Anxiety/unreality

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone else gets the feeling of unreality with anxiety? Like you are here but everything around you seem unfamiliar/strange? Does this ever go away once anxiety goes away?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes if you get better from Anxiety these feeling will hopefully disappear.

This is feelings of disociation

BOB

• Posted

I feel this also. I go into phases of depression and it's most notable for me when I look into my eyes in the mirror during these phases, I feel almost like the relflection isn't me? It's not like looking at myself at all I feel complete disassocation, but it doesn't seem to be a permanent thing. It's quite hard to explain. The doctor told me the depression was a result of anxiety, so I suppose the feeling of it not being me is also coming from anxiety. Hope this helps x

• Posted

Yeah i had this BAD for the last few days...however today it's been better. Just some heart palpations and GERD. It'll pass.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.